|Born||Andrés Velencoso Segura
11 March 1978
Tossa de Mar, Catalonia, Spain
|Other names||Andrés Segura|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight||186 lb (84 kg)|
|Measurements||39-34-38.5 in (99-86-98 cm)|
Andrés Velencoso Segura (born 11 March 1978, Tossa de Mar) is a Spanish model. He is best known for ad campaigns such as Chanel Allure Homme, Sport fragrance and Louis Vuitton campaign with J-Lo in 2003.
In June 2009, he was ranked #6 in MODELS.com's "Top Icons Men", alongside male models Mathias Lauridsen, Tyson Ballou and Mark Vanderloo. and currently he ranks No.16 on Top 25 list "The Money Guys" following his compatriots Oriol Elcacho and Jon Kortajarena.
Velencoso started his modelling career after he finished high school, signing a contract with Group Model Management, a Spanish modelling agency. But the beginning of his career was filled with rejections, a buzzed haircut and a muscular body did not seem to be the ideal image that the European market demands. When Velencoso went to Milan, almost every agent thought that he was too big and goofy. His fortunes changed when Natalie Kates, an agent from New York City-based Q Model Management opened the door for him in 2001, despite his inability to speak English. Kates started him off fresh with four new polariods in his book and sent him to meet people. One of the people was photographer Matt Albiani, who loved Andres for an editorial that he was working on. The next day Andres found himself on the set of a shoot in East Hampton, New York. After just a few days in the city, he caught the eyes of some of the industry's most famous photographers, including Michael Thompson and Francois Nars. In 2002 he booked the Banana Republic spring ad campaign and a year later stars in the Louis Vuitton ad campaign, alongside Jennifer Lopez. He signed a fragrance contract with Chanel Allure Homme Sport and became the face of Loewe in 2004. Landed his first magazine cover for Arena Homme + for the winter 2005 edition and appeared in the Jean Paul Gaultier ad campaign, with Gisele Bündchen and Diana Dondoe.
Velencoso has been on the covers of many top fashion magazines including L'Officiel Hommes, Hercules, Arena Homme +, and international editions of Elle, Vanity Fair and L'Officiel Hommes. Since his debut, he has been the face of many advertising campaigns including Banana Republic, Louis Vuitton, H&M, Trussardi, Chanel, Ermenegildo Zegna, Loewe, Jean Paul Gaultier, Elie Tahari and Etro. Apart from Thompson and Nars, he has worked with acclaimed photographers such as Terry Richardson, Karl Lagerfeld, Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
He is signed with IMG Models in New York City, MGM in Paris, 2pm Model Management in Copenhagen, I LOVE Models in Milan and Donna Models in Tokyo. He was featured in Kylie Minogue's new frangrance 'Inverse' was in the official print campaign and TV ad. Velencoso received the 'Tossenc D'Honor' award in his home town Tossa de Mar on 14 May 2010 in Girona, Spain.
Velencoso began dating Australian pop singer Kylie Minogue in July 2008. He bears his mother's name Lucia tattooed on the left side of his chest. On April 2009, it was reported he got inked with the singer's name Kylie just below his hip, a sign of his devotion to her. The couple broke up in October 2013.
English is his fourth language, after Spanish, French and Italian.
- Andres Velencoso Segura: Conquistador[dead link]
- Top Icons (Male models) at Models.com 18 June 2009
- MODELS.COM 25 Top Money Guys
- "Interview – CoverMen Mag". CoverMen Mag.
- Kylie Minogue's romantic tour of Europe with new boyfriend Andrés Velencoso takes her to Barcelona, dailymail.co.uk; accessed 24 February 2015.
- Andres Segura bio at Most Beautiful Man 18 June 2009
- Andres Segura profile, nymag.com, 18 June 2009.
- Andres Segura profile at Models.com 18 June 2009
- INVERSE! KYLIE MINOGUE & ANDRES SEGURA
- Kylie Minogue tested LP on Andres
- Kylie Minogue goes on romantic Spanish break with new love Andres and meets the 'in-laws'
- Andres gets tattooed for Kylie, nowmagazine.co.uk; accessed 24 February 2015.
- Kylie Minogue splits from Andres, dailymail.co.uk; accessed 24 February 2015.
- Profile, standard.co.uk; accessed 24 February 2015.