January 15, 1986
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg; 13.2 st)|
|Reach||76.0 in (193 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Houston, Texas|
|Team||Jackson's Submission Fighting Team Tooke|
|Rank||Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu |
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Craig is from Houston, Texas, and grew up playing hockey and football. He attended college at the University of Texas where he earned a degree in corporate communications. Craig began learning Brazilian jiu-jitsu from his cousin who was a black belt in the martial art. After graduating college, Craig began his career as a professional MMA fighter.
Craig made his professional debut in May 2010 for USA MMA winning his first fight via unanimous decision. His second fight was held at Bellator 27 against Rodrigo Pinheiro. Craig won the fight after the cageside doctor ruled Pinheiro unable to continue. Craig won two fights under the International Xtreme Fight Association banner before signing with the Texas based promotion Legacy Fighting Championships.
Legacy Fighting Championships
Craig made his Legacy Fighting Championships debut on April 9, 2011 against William Bush for the Legacy Fighting middleweight title. In the fifth and final round, Craig won the fight via TKO.
Craig was set to make his first title defense at Legacy Fighting 8 against Bellator and WEC veteran, Eric Schambari. However, Schambari weighed in past the middleweight limit and the fight became a three round non-title fight. Craig won the fight via unanimous decision.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Craig made his UFC debut on short notice as an injury replacement for Jared Hamman against Australian Kyle Noke on March 3, 2012 at UFC on FX 2. Despite losing the first round, Craig came back to dominate the second and third rounds, winning via unanimous decision.
Craig defeated Rafael Natal on July 11, 2012 at UFC on Fuel TV: Munoz vs. Weidman. After being rocked and controlled for the majority of the second round, Craig landed a head kick to capture a comeback knockout victory.
Craig took on English fighter Luke Barnatt in his next outing on October 26, 2013 at UFC Fight Night 30. He lost the fight via submission in the second round. Despite the loss on his record, the fight also earned Craig his first Fight of the Night bonus award.
Championships and accomplishments
- Legacy Fighting Championship
- Legacy FC Middleweight Championship (One time)
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|12 matches||9 wins||3 losses|
|Loss||9–3||Cezar Ferreira||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Stephens||June 28, 2014||3||5:00||San Antonio, Texas, United States|
|Loss||9–2||Luke Barnatt||Submission (rear naked choke)||UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Munoz||October 26, 2013||2||2:12||Manchester, England||Fight of the Night|
|Win||9–1||Chris Leben||Decision (split)||UFC 162||July 6, 2013||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||8–1||Ronny Markes||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on FX: Belfort vs. Bisping||January 19, 2013||3||5:00||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Win||8–0||Rafael Natal||KO (head kick & punches)||UFC on Fuel TV: Munoz vs. Weidman||July 11, 2012||2||4:52||San Jose, California, United States|
|Win||7–0||Kyle Noke||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on FX: Alves vs. Kampmann||March 3, 2012||3||5:00||Sydney, Australia|
|Win||6–0||Eric Schambari||Decision (unanimous)||Legacy Fighting Championship 8||September 16, 2011||3||5:00||Houston, Texas, United States||Schambari missed weight; Non-title bout|
|Win||5–0||William Bush||TKO (punches)||Legacy Fighting Championship 6||April 9, 2011||5||2:47||Houston, Texas, United States||Won Legacy FC Middleweight Championship|
|Win||4–0||Jon Kirk||Submission (triangle choke)||IXFA 5||February 26, 2011||2||1:04||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Win||3–0||Josh Foster||Decision (unanimous)||IXFA 4||December 4, 2010||3||3:00||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Win||2–0||Rodrigo Pinheiro||TKO (doctor stoppage)||Bellator 27||September 2, 2010||3||2:53||San Antonio, Texas, United States|
|Win||1–0||Antuan Williams||Decision (unanimous)||USA MMA 12||May 22, 2010||3||5:00||Kinder, Louisiana, United States|
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Swanson vs. Stephens". UFC.com. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
- "UFC on Fuel TV 4 Preview & Predictions". Pro Fighting Fans. Jul 6, 2012.
- "UFC 162 Preliminary Predictions". sportsblog.com. Jul 6, 2013.
- "Andrew Craig replaces Jared Hamman, meets Kyle Noke at UFC on FX 2". 1 January 2012.
- "Rafael Natal vs. Andrew Craig slated for UFC on FUEL TV 4". mmajunkie.com. May 16, 2012.
- "UFC makes official Jan. 19 card in Brazil". MMAjunkie.com. November 3, 2012.
- Staff (2013-03-12). "Craig vs. Leben added to July's UFC 162 event". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "Two Middleweight Bouts Confirmed For UFC Manchester 2013". YourMMA.tv. 2013-08-22. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- Staff. "UFC Fight Night 30 bonuses: Machida, Musoke, Barnatt and Craig earn $50k awards". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- Alex Schlinsky. "UFC Fight Night 39: Abu Dhabi adds ten fights". fansided.com. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- John Morgan (2014-04-10). "Illness scraps Andrew Craig vs. Chris Camozzi at UFC Fight Night 39". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- Daniel Saludo (2014-04-22). "Craig to fight Ferreira in San Antonio". csnhouston.com. Retrieved 2014-04-22.