Antarctic Protected Area
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Antarctic Specially Protected Area (ASPA) under the Agreed Measures for the Conservation of Antarctic Fauna and Flora (1964 onwards) and Annex V to the Environment Protocol (2002)
- Antarctic Specially Managed Area (ASMA) under Annex V of the Environment Protocol (2002)
- Historic Site or Monument (HSM)
Guidelines for scientists and other visitors have been developed to protect these areas.
- Antarctic Protected Areas explained by the Antarctic Treaty System
- Official database of Antarctic Protected Areas at the website of the Antarctic Treaty System.