|Opened||November 11, 1990|
|Owner||Live Nation Entertainment|
|Former name(s)||Desert Sky Pavilion (1988-96); (2013)
Blockbuster Desert Sky Pavilion (1996-2001)
Cricket Pavilion (2001-06)
Cricket Wireless Pavilion (2006-10)
Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion (2010-13)
|Seating type||reserved, lawn|
Ak-Chin Pavilion (formerly known as the Desert Sky Pavilion, Blockbuster Desert Sky Pavilion, Cricket Pavilion, Cricket Wireless Pavilion and Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion) is an amphitheater located in Phoenix, Arizona, USA, which seats 8,000, under a pavilion roof and an additional 12,000, on a spacious hillside behind the main stands. It was originally known as Desert Sky Pavilion and opened on November 11, 1990 (Billy Joel was the venue's inaugural performer). The current naming rights sponsor is the Ak-Chin Indian Community. With a total capacity of 20,000, its capacity is higher than US Airways Center and Jobing.com Arena. The amphitheater's season starts in April and closes in October.
The lawn at the amphitheater contains several video screens.
The amphitheater has been used to hold many famous concerts and tours, especially in the summer months of July and August, it has hosted The Vote for Change Tour, The Vans Warped Tour, The Gigantour, Lollapalooza, Lilith Fair, Crüe Fest, Ozzfest and Projekt Revolution. It has hosted the Phoenix date of the annual Mayhem Festival since the tour's inception in July 2008.
- List of historic properties in Phoenix, Arizona
- List of contemporary amphitheatres
- Ak-Chin Indian Community
- Morago, Kristina (21 June 2013). "Ak-Chin secures naming rights to Desert Sky Pavilion". Maricopa Monitor. Casa Grande Valley Newspapers Inc. Archived from the original on 22 June 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- JOEL `STARTS THE FIRE' FOR PAVILION
- 'Beat It' Cover Bolsters Fall Out Boy CD/DVD Billboard. Retrieved June 11 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cricket Wireless Pavilion.|