Atle Pettersen in Norwegian X Factor (2010)
September 5, 1989 |
|Genres||Progressive metal, Rock|
|Occupations||Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Musician|
|Years active||2005 – present|
|Associated acts||Above Symmetry|
Pettersen took part, at 14, in the 2003 edition of Melodi Grand Prix Junior with the song "Hekta på brett" that he had written himself. The song was performed with Stine. In 2006, he participated in Kjempesjansen on NRK.
In X Factor
In autumn 2010 Atle Pettersen participated in the Norwegian version of the The X Factor on TV 2 Pettersen auditioned with a song written by himself and other members of Above Symmetry called "Traces Inside". Reaching the live shows, Pettersen was mentored by Marion Ravn. Atle Pettersen finished runner-up behind winner Hans Bollandsås.
After X Factor
On 4 December 2010, he appeared at the TV 2 Artist Gala performing "Lean On Me" with Annsofi Pettersen and Mohamed Abdi Farah and in Spring 2011, he appeared as guest artist for the symphonic power metal band Kamelot
In autumn 2011, he took part in TV 2's reality show Skal vi danse (meaning Shall we dance), partnering with Marianne Sandaker. winning the competition after beating Kari Traa in the final. He also posed for advertisements for Italian trademark Police.
- 2011: Based on a True Story (#3 on Norwegian Albums Chart)
- 2010: "Light On" (David Cook cover) (#8 on Norwegian Singles Chart)
- NRK: Atle Pettersen (in Norwegian)
- Atle (17) klar for Kjempesjansen (in Norwegian)
- TV2: Atle Pettersen - Bli bedre kjent med «X Factor»-finalist Atle Pettersen (21) (in Norwegian)
- TV 2: Her er årets «Skal vi danse»-kjendiser (in Norwegian)
- VG: Her er høstens nye dansestjerner (in Norwegian)
- Kjendis: Sjørøver-Atle stakk av med seieren (in Norwegian)
- TV 2: Atle Pettersen vant «Skal vi danse 2011» (in Norwegian)
- Monmote: Atle Pettersen blir sexy reklamemodell (in Norwegian)