Ballakermeen High School
|Headteacher||P. A. Burnett|
|Location||St Catherine's Drive
Isle of Man Coordinates:
The school currently has 1500+ students aged 11-18, making it the larger of the two secondary schools in Douglas in terms of student numbers and the largest on the island. The school offers GCSEs, BTECs and City and Guilds qualifications for study. The sixth form department of the school (renovated and extended during 2013-2014 period) offers A-level qualifications. Facilities at the school include a swimming pool, sports hall, ICT suites, laboratories and a theatre.
The school was used as a location in the 2006 British Spy film Stormbreaker.
Notable former pupils
- Martyn Quayle, the former member of the House of Keys for Middle, who previously held the position of Minister of Tourism and Leisure in the Isle of Man Government
- Bill Henderson, the current member of the House of Keys for Douglas North
- Richard Kissack, the current councillor of Douglas Borough Council for Victoria ward
- Mark Cavendish, professional road cyclist
- St Ninian's High School, the only other secondary school in Douglas
|This Isle of Man school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|