Bayabas, Surigao del Sur
Highway showing a bridge on the main road of Bayabas
Map of Surigao del Sur with Bayabas highlighted
|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Surigao del Sur|
|District||1st district of Surigao del Sur|
|• Mayor||Ma. Clarita Garcia Limbaro|
|• Total||117.84 km2 (45.50 sq mi)|
|• Density||66/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Bayabas is located between Tago and Cagwait. The Tago River separates the municipalities of Tago and Bayabas. Bayabas is consist of seven barangays mostly located in the coastlines. Though Bayabas is a small municipality, it is also abundant in natural resources especially seafoods. The town envisions to become the leading aquaculture producer in Surigao del Sur.
- Balete (Pob.)
- La Paz
- Magobawok (Pob.)
|Population census of Bayabas|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: SURIGAO DEL SUR". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bayabas, Surigao del Sur.|
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System