||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2011)|
Bergman Week is an annual event on the small island Fårö outside Sweden. Ingmar Bergman moved to the island in the 60s and the Bergman Week is a celebration of his artistry, with films, lectures and conversations. Guests in 2012 are among others Belgian directors Jean-Pierre och Luc Dardenne (Dardenne brothers), author Peter Birro, director Suzanne Osten and opera singer Håkan Hagegård. Guests at the Bergman Week 2011 were among others directors Andrey Zvyagintsev and István Szabó as well as Swedish authors Henning Mankell and Sara Stridsberg.
Several Swedish and international guests have visited the week through the years, among them Wim Wenders, Kenneth Branagh, Harriet Andersson, Bibi Andersson and Ang Lee. Guests of the Bergman Week 2010 were among others actress Liv Ullmann, playwright Jon Fosse and director Ariane Mnouchkine.
- The Boston Globe - Bergman Week and a shrine to the auteur await on Fårö, Sweden
- Screen - Scenes from Bergman Week
- Variety - Bergman Week felt different
- Ingmar Bergman Face to face - Bergman Week concluded
- The Independent on Ingmar Bergman and the Bergman Week