Bergman Week is an annual event on the small island Fårö outside Sweden. Ingmar Bergman moved to the island in the 60s and the Bergman Week is a celebration of his artistry, with films, lectures and conversations. Guests in 2012 were among others Belgian directors Jean-Pierre och Luc Dardenne (Dardenne brothers), author Peter Birro, director Suzanne Osten and opera singer Håkan Hagegård. Guests at the Bergman Week 2011 were among others directors Andrey Zvyagintsev and István Szabó as well as Swedish authors Henning Mankell and Sara Stridsberg.
Several Swedish and international guests have visited the week through the years, among them Wim Wenders, Kenneth Branagh, Harriet Andersson, Bibi Andersson and Ang Lee. Guests of the Bergman Week 2010 were among others actress Liv Ullmann, playwright Jon Fosse and director Ariane Mnouchkine.
- Peary, gerald. "For movie fans, an island getaway beckons". www.boston.com. The Boston Globe. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Goodridge, Mike. "Scenes from Bergman Week". www.screendaily.com. Screen International. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Bergman Week 2012". www.movingimagesource.us. Museum of the Moving Image (New York City). Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Cultural journalist: Bergman Week still important". www.sverigesradio.se. SR International – Radio Sweden. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Sweden: Film Trip". www.timeoutbengaluru.net. TimeOut. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Wim Wenders till Bergmanveckan". www.svd.se. Svenska Dagbladet kultur. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- TT Spektra. "Kenneth Branagh till Bergmanveckan". www.svt.se. Sveriges Television Nyheter. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "En hel vecka varje år i Bergmans anda". www.filmpagotland.se. Region Gotland. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Jensen, Malle. "Ang Lee vallfärdar till Bergmanland". www.dn.se. Dagens Nyheter. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Bergmanveckan 29 juni till 4 jul". www.farosajten.se. Fårösajten. Retrieved 17 June 2014.