Bishop of Fulham
Until 1980 the Bishop of Fulham was the bishop with episcopal oversight of churches in northern and central Europe. In that year, responsibility for these parishes was transferred to the Bishop of Gibraltar, as head of the renamed Diocese of Gibraltar in Europe.
Presently, the Bishop of Fulham fulfils the role of a provincial episcopal visitor for the dioceses of London, Southwark and Rochester, having pastoral oversight of those parishes in the three dioceses which cannot in good conscience accept the ministry of bishops who have participated in the ordination of women.
In November 2010, following the announcement of Bishop John Broadhurst's resignation, the Bishop of London entrusted, for the time being, episcopal oversight for traditionalists within the three dioceses to the Bishop of Edmonton. On 31 October 2012 it was announced that Jonathan Baker, the current Bishop of Ebbsfleet, would be the next Bishop of Fulham, resuming Broadhurst's alternative episcopal oversight responsibilities. Baker translated duly to Fulham on 13 February 2013.
Bishops over Europe
|Bishops of Fulham|
|1949||1955||George Ingle||Translated to Willesden|
|1955||1957||Robert Stopford||Translated to Peterborough|
|1957||1966||Roderic Coote||Translated to Colchester|
|1970||1980||John Satterthwaite||Also Bishop of Gibraltar|
Bishops giving alternative episcopal oversight
|Bishops of Fulham|
|1982||1985||Brian Masters||Translated to Edmonton|
|1985||1996||John Klyberg||Became a Roman Catholic[when?]|
|1996||2010||John Broadhurst SSC||Resigned on 31 December 2010 to become a Roman Catholic|
|2010||2013||Vacant||Alternative episcopal oversight exercised by the Bishop of Edmonton.|
|2013||present||Jonathan Baker||Translated from Ebbsfleet.|
- Bishop of Fulham's website.[dead link] Retrieved on 6 June 2008.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory (100th ed.). London: Church House Publishing. 2007. p. 946. ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0.
- Diocese of London — Arrangements following the resignation of the Bishop of Fulham
- . Retrieved on 31 October 2012.
- "New Bishop of Fulham announced" (Press release). Diocese of London. 31 October 2012. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "A Message from Bishop Jonathan" (Press release). Bishop of Ebbsfleet. 30 October 2012. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
|This Anglicanism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|