|Stable release||2.0.2 / November 6, 2013|
Bluefire Reader is an e-book reader application for iOS and Android operating system. It supports the EPUB and PDF formats for digital publications and incorporates facilities for browsing online catalogs on thousands of books (including thousands of free public domain work) and downloading them directly into the user's personal library. The application features a library that lets user navigate their collection of eBooks. It also provides a customizable reading experience through configurable font and background color, font size and type, margin size, display brightness, page turn mode, etc. Additionally, the application allows users to import their own books to read them on the go.
- In-app browsing and downloading capability
- Read detailed descriptions before purchase & download
- Adjust front, background, link, layout & text alignment
- Day/Night themes: switch between day/night mode when reading in high/low-luminosity areas
- Brightness Control
- Customizable navigation modes
- Full support for Table of Contents
- Bookmarks: allows users to create their own bookmarks anywhere in a book to remember sections of interest
- Progress: allows users to check their reading progress in a chapter and in a book
- Share: allows users to recommend books to others via email, Facebook, Twitter, SMS...
- The reading engine automatically adjusts to the size of the device’s display
- Library management: books can be organized by Collections
- Edit detailed book information (title, author, tag, collection, rating)
- Sort books by title, author, download late, last read date or rating
- Import: allows users to import their own books to read them on the go
- Open images within a book in a separate viewer
- Open links within a book on browser
- Full text search: allows users to search any word globally within a book
- Dictionary lookup: allows users to look up any word definition in an online dictionary using Google define.
- Option to lock display orientation on iOS
- Option to set text alignment to left, justify or right
- Go To: allows users to quickly access any position within a book
- Support for Adobe DRM
- Broida, Rick. "Bluefire Reader". Download.com. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- Martellaro, John. "Bluefire E-book Reader for iPad: Beautiful & Full Featured". The Mac Observer. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- Miller, Matthew. "The iPad may be the best universal ebook reader thanks to Bluefire Reader". ZDNet. Retrieved 13 November 2013.