Sir Robert Walker 'Bob' Kerslake (born 28 Feb 1955), is the Head of the Home Civil Service, after the retirement of the former holder, the Cabinet Secretary, Sir Gus O'Donnell; Sir Bob also continues to be Permanent Secretary at the Department for Communities and Local Government.
Originally from Bath, he graduated with a first class degree in Mathematics from the University of Warwick where he was also secretary of the students' union. He later qualified as a member of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy and went on to hold a number of posts with councils in London before becoming Chief Executive of the London Borough of Hounslow. He then moved to Sheffield to take up the post of Chief Executive of Sheffield City Council in 1997. From 2008 to 2010 he was Chief Executive of the Homes and Communities Agency; and in September 2010 Kerslake was appointed Permanent Secretary of the Department for Communities and Local Government
- In 2003, Kerslake was named in a The Guardian list of the 100 most influential people in the public sector.
- In 2004, he received an honorary doctorate from Sheffield Hallam University for his "distinctive contribution to public service".
- In the 2005 New Year Honours, he was knighted "for services to Local Government".
- In 2012, he became an honorary graduate (Doctor of Law) of the University of Warwick.
- "Birthdays", The Guardian: 33
- Sir Bob Kerslake is new Civil Service boss, BBC News
- "Summer 2012 Honorary Graduates (full list)". University of Warwick. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- Profile on DCLG website 
- The innovators, The Guardian, 10 September 2003. Retrieved 2010-05-28
- Honorary awards - archive, SHU. Retrieved 2010-05-28
- Council chief receives knighthood, BBC News, 31 December 2004. Retrieved 2010-05-28
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2004. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- Kerslake's blog as Head of Civil Service
- Boom or Bust: The way forward & challenges facing the HCA featuring Sir Bob Kerslake Chief executive of Homes and Communities agency (video)
-  DCLG website page about current Permanent Secretary/