Bulaimu Muwanga Kibirige
In 1997, BMK started with a 40-room motel on Kololo Hill, a prestigious location within Kampala's central business district. He named his hotel, Hotel Africana. During the next ten years, the hotel has grown to a four star establishment, with 233 rooms, a swimming pool, manicured gardens and a conference center, the Africana Conference Center, with a seating capacity of 3,500 delegates. In addition to the hotel, BMK has invested in real estate, construction equipment, motorcycle distributorships and foreign exchange bureaus.
- Hotel Africana, 2-4 Wampewo Avenue, Kololo Hill, Kampala, Uganda
- BMK Motorcycles (U) Limited, Nateete, Kampala, Uganda
- BMK Motorcycles (K) Limited, Nairobi, Kenya
- BMK Motorcycles (T) Limited, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
- BMK Motorcycles (R) Limited, Kigali, Rwanda
- BMK Motorcycles (Z) Limited, Lusaka, Zambia
- Hotel Africana Forex Bureau 1, 2-4 Wampewo Avenue, Kampala, Uganda
- Hotel Africana Forex Bureau 2, 16-18 William Street, Kampala Uganda
- BMK Construction Leasing Company, Kigali, Rwanda
- BMK Oil Equipment Company, Kampala, Uganda
In addition to his private business interests, Bulaimu Muwanga Kibirige serves in the following public positions:
- He is the current Chairman of the Uganda Hotel Owners Association (UHOA).
- He is a former Board Member of the Ugandan North American Association (UNAA)