Bulaimu Muwanga Kibirige
|Bulaimu Muwanga Kibirige|
|Born||1955 (age 59–60)
|Occupation||Businessman & Entrepreneur|
|Years active||1997 — present|
In 1997, BMK started with a 40-room motel on Kololo Hill, a prestigious location within Kampala's central business district. He named his hotel, Hotel Africana. During the next ten years, the hotel grew into a four star establishment, with 233 rooms, a swimming pool, manicured gardens and a conference center, the Africana Conference Center, with a seating capacity of 3,500 delegates. In addition to the hotel, BMK has invested in real estate, construction equipment, motorcycle distributorships and foreign exchange bureaus.
- Hotel Africana, 2-4 Wampewo Avenue, Kololo Hill, Kampala, Uganda
- BMK Motorcycles (U) Limited, Nateete, Kampala, Uganda
- BMK Motorcycles (K) Limited, Nairobi, Kenya
- BMK Motorcycles (T) Limited, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
- BMK Motorcycles (R) Limited, Kigali, Rwanda
- BMK Motorcycles (Z) Limited, Lusaka, Zambia
- Hotel Africana Forex Bureau 1, 2-4 Wampewo Avenue, Kampala, Uganda
- Hotel Africana Forex Bureau 2, 16-18 William Street, Kampala Uganda
- BMK Construction Leasing Company, Kigali, Rwanda
- BMK Oil Equipment Company, Kampala, Uganda
In addition to his private business interests, Bulaimu Muwanga Kibirige serves in the following public positions:
- He is the current Chairman of the Uganda Hotel Owners Association (UHOA).
- He is a former Board Member of the Ugandan North American Association (UNAA)
- Michael Kanaabi, and Ssebidde Kiryowa (6 January 2012). "Uganda: The Deepest Pockets". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- Newvision, Archive (22 August 2006). "Hotel Africana Celebrates 9 Years". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- Muwanga, David (30 December 2008). "Third World Easier To Invest In, Says BMK". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- BOU, . (2013). "Licensed Forex Bureau In Uganda As of 2013" (PDF). Bank of Uganda (BOU). Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- Newvision, Archives (20 October 2006). "BMK Smells Bunyoro Oil Money". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- Bwogi, Charles (15 July 2005). "URA Scraps Tax On Hotel Items". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "About Ugandan North American Association". UNAA. Retrieved 15 October 2014.