|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Bushenyi is a town in Western Uganda. It is the 'chief town' of Bushenyi District and the district headquarters are located there. The district is named after the town, in keeping with the practice in most of the districts in the country.
Bushenyi is located approximately 65 kilometres (40 mi), by road, west of Mbarara, the largest city in the sub-region. Kampala, the national capital and largest city in the country lies approximately 350 kilometres (220 mi), by road to the east. The coordinates of the town are:0°32'30.0"S 30°11'16.0"E (Latitude:-0.541667; Longitude:30.187778).
The 2002 national census estimated the population of Bushenyi at about 22,420. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the town's population at 26,300. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Bushenyi at 26,800.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie in the town or near the town limits:
- The headquarters of Bushenyi District Admnistration
- The offices of Bushenyi Town Council
- Bushenyi Central Market - The largest source of fresh produce in the town
- Ishaka Adventist Hospital - A 100-bed hospital administered by the Adventist Church
- A branch of Centenary Bank - Located at Ishaka, a suburb of Bushenyi
- A branch of Barclays Bank - Located at Ishaka, a suburb of Bushenyi
- A branch of Stanbic Bank
- A branch of Pride Microfinance Limited
- A branch of the National Social Security Fund
- The Western Campus of Kampala International University, including its 500-bed teaching hospital
- Bweranyangi Girls' Senior Secondary School - A girls-only boarding middle and high school.
- "Map Showing Bushenyi and Mbarara With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- "Distance Between Bushenyi And Kampala With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Bushenyi At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Bushenyi In 2002, 2010 And 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Ahimbisibwe, Chris (27 July 2009). "Basajja Given Sh4 Billion for Hospital". New Vision. Retrieved 5 June 2014.