|Parent||Transit Australia Group|
Bustech is an Australian bus manufacturer based on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
Bustech was founded in 1998 by the proprietors of Surfside Buslines, Joe and Tony Calabro, in the Gold Coast suburb of Ernest, very close to Surfside's depot. It initially bodied buses on Mercedes-Benz and Volvo chassis.
Most of the early buses were built for the Calabro operations Surfside, Busabout and Hawkesbury Valley. Following the collapse of the Clifford Corporation, Bustech was successful in winning orders from a variety of operators, primarily in Queensland and New South Wales. In October 2004 Bustech moved to a new factory in Calabro Way, West Burleigh.
In 2008 Bustech became part of the Transit Australia Group as part of a restructuring of the Calabro operations.
In 2008 Bustech launched its first integral bus (both chassis and body), the 10.5 metre MDi. This was followed by the 12.5 metre XDi and in July 2011 by the 12.5 metre CDi double decker, the first double deck citybus built for Australian operation since 1973.
In November 2009 Bustech completed its 1,000th bus.
Currently, Bustech produces six bus models:
- VST: 12.5m low-floor citybus body - built on a variety of chassis, including MAN 18.310 HOCL-NL, Mercedes-Benz O500LE, Scania K230UB, Volvo B12BLE and B7RLE
- SBV/SBM: School/Charter bus body - built on a variety of chassis, including MAN 18.280, Mercedes-Benz OH1830L, Scania K94IB and Volvo B7R.Previously known as the Graduate. SBM stands for School Bus MAN whilst SBV stands for School Bus Volvo
- MDi: 10.5m, 43 seater low floor citybus integral - available with Cummins ISC 8.3-litre engine and ZF axles RL85A / A132
- XDi: 12.5m, 53-seater (49 when specified with centre-door) low floor citybus integral - Available with Cummins ISC 8.3-litre or Cummins ISL 9-litre engines and ZF axles RL85A / A132
- CDi: 12.5m, 96-seater low floor double deck citybus integral - Available with Cummins ISL 9-litre engines. Surfside Buslines, Busways and Forest Coach Lines received the first deliveries
- ADi: 12.5m, 53-seater tour bus integral - Available with Cummins ISL 9-litre engine, Surfside Buslines received the first deliveries as the Gold Coast Shuttle.
- SDi: 12.5m, 61-seater school bus integral - Available with Cummins ISL 9-litre engine, Surfside Buslines and Rover Coaches received the first deliveries
2006 Bustech VST bodied Mercedes-Benz O500LE of Busabout
2007 Bustech Graduate bodied Mercedes-Benz OH1830L of Busabout
2012 Bustech SBV bodied Volvo B7R of Busabout
2012 Bustech XDi with Cummins ISL engine operating on demonstration with Busabout
2013 Bustech CDi with Cummins ISL engine
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bustech.|