Candice Accola at the ELLE Women in Music 2012.
|Born||Candice Renee Accola
May 13, 1987
Houston, Texas, United States
|Occupation||Actress, singer, songwriter|
Early life 
Accola is of Romansh-Swiss, French and Norwegian descent, and was born in Houston, Texas but she grew up in Edgewood, Florida and attended Lake Highland Preparatory School. Her father, Kevin, is a cardiothoracic surgeon and her mother, Carolyn, was formerly an environmental engineer before becoming a homemaker. Both her parents are active members of the local Republican political party. She has one younger brother.
Music career 
In December 2006 Accola released her debut album, It's Always the Innocent Ones, independently in the United States. Accola co-wrote thirteen of the fourteen tracks on the record. The album failed to make an impact. In 2008 the album was re-released in Japan and achieved greater success. Accola toured as a backing singer for Miley Cyrus's Best of Both Worlds Tour. Accola appeared as herself in the 2008 3D concert film Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert. In February 2011, Accola performed a cover of The Bangles' "Eternal Flame", on The Vampire Diaries. Accola has yet to announce plans for a sophomore album.
Acting career 
Accola has guest appeared in a number of television series such as How I Met Your Mother, Supernatural and Drop Dead Diva. In July 2009 Accola starred in the Independent Horror film Deadgirl which centers on two high school boys who discover an immortal woman in an abandoned asylum. That same year again Accola had a bit-role in The Hannah Montana Movie. In 2009 Accola was cast in The CW television series The Vampire Diaries as Caroline Forbes a teenage vampire. The series was an immediate success with the series premiere reaching over 3.6 million viewers. Critical reception was positive. In June 2012 Accola joined the Dramedy YouTube series Dating Rules From My Future Self as Chloe Cunningham a 26-year old girl who believes love does not exist. The series centers on a girl receiving romance advice from herself ten years in the future via text message. The first season of the series went on to receive over 14 million views.
Personal life 
She is one of the many supporters of the It Gets Better Project, along with her The Vampire Diaries co-stars Michael Trevino and Ian Somerhalder, a project aiming to prevent suicide among LGBT youth, associated with The Trevor Project.
|How I Met Your Mother||Amy||Episode: "Something Borrowed"|
|On the Doll||Melody|
|X's & O's||Gwen's friend|
|Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert||Herself||Background singer|
|2009||Supernatural||Amanda Heckerling||Episode: "After School Special"|
|Greek||Alice||Episode: "Isn't It Bro-mantic?"|
|Hannah Montana: The Movie||Herself||Background singer|
|The Truth About Angels||Caitlin Stone|
|2009–present||The Vampire Diaries||Caroline Forbes||TV Series
|2010||Drop Dead Diva||Jessica||Episode: "Begin Again"|
|2012||Dating Rules From My Future Self||Chloe Cunningham||Mean role|
|2006||It's Always the Innocent Ones|
|2012||Teen Choice Awards||Scene Stealer Female||The Vampire Diaries||Won|
- Boyar, Jay (March 2010). "Back to School". Orlando Magazine. Retrieved March 12, 2010.
- "Kevin Accola, M.D. Member Home Page". CTSNet. 2007-12-11. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "On the Ground in Florida". The New York Times. November 1, 2008. Retrieved April 28, 2010.
- 2005 Class Roster. Fowler Series. Retrieved on 2011-08-09.
- MacKenzie, Carina (October 2, 2009). "'The Vampire Diaries' cast off the hook". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved on October 17, 2009.
- "The Vampire Diaries – Candice Accola Flaunts Her Musical Chops on The Vampire Diaries". Wetpaint.com. 2011-02-24. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Candice Accola Sings Eternal Flame by The Bangles on The Vampire Diaries". Teen.com. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Final 2009–10 Broadcast Primetime Show Average Viewership – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. 2010-06-16. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "'Vampire Diaries,' 'Modern Family' Stars Join Alloy's 'Dating Rules' (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Dating Rules from My Future Self (2012)". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- Parker-Pope, Tara (September 22, 2010). "Showing Gay Teens a Happy Future". The New York Times.
- The Trevor Project – It Gets Better!. YouTube. Retrieved on 2011-08-09.
- "Movies & TV. Pirate Camp (2007)". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Candice Accola|
Candice Accola Website > Candy Cola