Cars (video game)
PAL region cover art
|Developer(s)||Locomotive Games (PSP)
Rainbow Studios (GameCube, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii)
Helixe (Game Boy Advance, DS)
Beenox (PC, Mac)
Gameloft (iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8)
|Release date(s)||NA June 6, 2006
AUS June 8, 2006 (DS only)
JP July 6, 2006 (exc. Xbox, PC)
EU July 14, 2006
NA November 16, 2006
EU December 8, 2006
AUS December 14, 2006
JP March 22, 2007
iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8
|Distribution||DVD, Universal Media Disc, Cartridge (electronics), CD-ROM, Nintendo optical disc, Digital distribution|
Cars is a racing video game based on and considered a sequel to the film of the same name. It is available on Game Boy Advance, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo DS, Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Wii.
The Wii version includes functionality geared towards its controller, and was a launch game. It, and most of the other console versions, also feature the voice-over cast from the Cars film.
The game is set in the fictional town of Radiator Springs, the player must compete in fifty races to help Lightning McQueen win the Piston Cup. The game takes place in an open world environment and features ten playable characters from the film, each voiced by the original voice talent. The game also features a number of minigames and items for the player to collect.
- Owen Wilson as Lightning McQueen
- Larry the Cable Guy as Mater
- Paul Newman as Doc Hudson
- Bonnie Hunt as Sally Carrera
- Tony Shalhoub as Luigi
- Cheech Marin as Ramone
- Michael Wallis as Sheriff
- George Carlin as Fillmore
- Paul Dooley as Sarge
- Jenifer Lewis as Flo
- Guido Quaroni as Guido
- Richard Petty as Strip "The King" Weathers
- Michael Keaton as Chick Hicks
- Katherine Helmond as Lizzie
- John Ratzenberger as Mack
- Darrell Waltrip as Darrell Cartrip
- Lindsey Collins as Mia
- Elissa Knight as Tia
- E.J. Holowicki as DJ
- Adrian Ochoa as Wingo
- Jonas Rivera as Boost
- Lou Romano as Snot Rod
Cars received mainly positive reviews. GameSpot gave 7.0 out of 10 for Xbox 360 and Wii versions, for PlayStation 2, 7.6 out of 10 for the GameCube and Xbox versions, and 7.4 out of 10 for the PSP version. Metacritic gave 65 out of 100 for the Wii version, 54 out of 100 for the DS version, 73 out of 100 for the PC version, 71 out of 100 for the PlayStation 2 version, and 70 out of 100 for the PSP version.
- Cars: The Videogame. Carsvideogame.com. Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- Bozon, Mark (2006-05-18). "Wii: The Launch Games". IGN. Retrieved 2006-05-19.
- Cars for Xbox 360. G4tv. Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- Cars: The Video Game (2006, Video Game) - Voice Cast Listing at Voice Chasers. Voicechasers.com (2006-06-26). Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- Orlando, Greg. (2006-07-06) Cars Review for Xbox 360. G4tv. Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- "GameSpot Review". 2011-12-10.
- "Cars (Wii)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (DS)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (PC)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (PlayStation 2)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (PSP)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.