||Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable.
This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, articles and should mainly contain subcategories.
|For a list of all American poets, including those in all sub-categories of American poets, click this link.|
Categorization guidelines for American poets
All American poets should be in one or more by-century categories based on when they wrote poetry (note: Some poets may be put in multiple by-century categories)
- Category:17th-century American poets (1607-1700)
- Category:18th-century American poets (1701–1800)
- Category:19th-century American poets (1801–1900)
- Category:20th-century American poets (1901–2000)
- Category:21st-century American poets (2001–2100)
They should also be sorted into the relevant state(s) they are from or did significant work in, under Category:American poets by state.
Poets should also be placed into Category:American women poets as appropriate, and into any relevant genre, time-frame, religion, or ethnicity or national origin categories as well. However, a poet should never only be in an ethnic or gender-based category - all poets should be in the century-categories at a minimum, and the state categories if relevant.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Poets from the United States.|
This category has the following 21 subcategories, out of 21 total.
- ► American women poets (1,535 P)
- ► Black Mountain poets (10 P)
- ► Jewish American poets (51 P)
- ► New York School poets (19 P)
- ► Pulitzer Prize for Poetry winners (86 P)
- ► Yale Younger Poets winners (61 P)
- ► American poet stubs (2 C, 337 P)
Pages in category "American poets"
The following 56 pages are in this category, out of 56 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).