Charisma Christian Church
|Charisma Christian Church|
Le Blanc Mesnil
Charisma Christian Church is a French evangelical church, created in Saint-Denis, Île-de-France, in 1989 by Portuguese pastor Nuno Pedro, a former member of Assemblies of God. With over 7,000 churchgoers and about 80 new followers per week, it is currently one of the most important megachurches in France.
This church is mainly composed of former Catholics from the Antilles and also in a smaller part from Africa. Despite a significant turnover, the church grew regularly. It promises "prosperity, triumph and success" to its faithful. The church started to develop a large proselytism in 2002 and unsuccessfully tried to integrate the Protestant Federation of France. During worship, there are screens retransmitting live images of worship and spreading the words to songs like a karaoke, and translation into several languages.
- Sébastien Fath and Gaëtane de Lansalut (10 November 2007). "France: De Charisma aux méthodistes - L'évangélique, un missionnaire moderne ". Le Monde des Religions (in French). EEMNI. Retrieved 27 December 2009.
- Charisma Église Chrétienne. "Au sujet de Charisma" (in French). Charisma Église Chrétienne. Retrieved 22 August 2009.
- Priscille Muller-Lafitte. "Ils sont venus d'ailleurs" (in French). Réforme. Retrieved 22 August 2009.
- Christian Plotard (13 April 2007). "Les évangéliques font recette" (in French). Christian Plotard, journaliste indépendant. Retrieved 27 December 2009.
- Catherine Coroller (3 April 2008). "«Merci, merci, merci, Jésus, Jésus, Jésus»" (in French). Libération. Retrieved 22 August 2009.