China Guodian Corporation
|Headquarters||Beijing, People's Republic of China|
|People's Republic of China|
|Chairman: Mr. Zhu Yongpeng|
|Revenue||RMB 210,631 billions (2011)|
Number of employees
|Website||China Guodian Corporation|
China Guodian Corporation (Guodian; Chinese: 国电) is one of the five largest power producers in the People's Republic of China, administrated by SASAC for the State Council of the People's Republic of China. It is engaged in development, investment, construction, operation and management of power plants and power generation for electricity supply in Northern China, Northeast China, Central China, East China. Sichuan and Chongqing, Shandong, Yunnan, Guizhou, Guangxi and Xinjiang as well as in Burma. Installed capacity of company power plants is exceeding 100,000 MWe.
A summary of the corporate structure may be found on page 4 of the document.
- Guodian Power Development Company Limited (SSE: 600795), which is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange, is the Group's major thermal power subsidiary.
- China Longyuan Power (SEHK 00916) - runs the group's wind-farms.
- Guodian Changyuan Electric Power (SHE: 000966)
- Inner Mongolia Pingzhuang Energy (SHE: 000780)
- Ningxia Younglight Chemicals (SHE: 000635)
- Guodian Technology & Environment Group (SEHK: 01296)
Guodian United Power is responsible for development and manufacture of wind turbines.
They mainly producing onshore wind turbines of size 1500 kW (designed by the German development company aerodyn Energiesysteme). In addition there a new turbines 2MW, 3MW and a 6MW offshore turbine in development
They are at the top wind turbine manufacturers by annual market share (Nomber 8 in 2012).
China Guodian Corporation is setting up a property insurance company in Beijing to diversify business into other areas, trying to aid its move towards becoming a more comprehensive energy conglomerate. China Guodian will hold the majority stake in the proposed new insurance company, whose registered capital is expected to reach 1 billion yuan ($146 million).
In the first half of 2008, China Guodian invested in a life insurance company. Later in September, the group purchased a 19.6 percent stake in a city commercial bank in Shijiazhuang, capital city of Hebei province, becoming the bank's largest shareholder.
Prior to China Guodian, the State Grid Corp and several other energy groups also expanded their businesses to the financial sector. They have established a number of insurance companies and hold stakes in securities and futures brokerages.
As of June 2008, the Company's total assets amounted to 284.3 billion yuan.
- China Guondian Corporation: The Total Installed Power Generation of China Guodian Corporation Exceeded 100,000MW
- China Guodian Corporation - Corporate Profile