Christmas Time Is Here
|"Christmas Time Is Here"|
|Song by Vince Guaraldi Trio from the album A Charlie Brown Christmas|
|Length||6:05 (instrumental version)
2:27 (vocal version)
The song originally made its first appearance in 1965, on A Charlie Brown Christmas.
"Christmas Time Is Here" is a popular Christmas song written by Lee Mendelson and Vince Guaraldi for the 1965 TV special A Charlie Brown Christmas, one of the very first animated Christmas specials produced for network TV in the United States. Since the song became a hit, two versions were included on the album A Charlie Brown Christmas: an instrumental version by the Vince Guaraldi Trio and a vocal version as sung by the choir of St. Paul's Episcopal Church in San Rafael, California.
Popular cover versions
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (January 2015)|
Many versions of the song have been recorded throughout years. It is featured on many Christmas albums including:
- Melissa Manchester on her album Joy
- Dianne Reeves on her album Christmas Time Is Here
- Silje Nergaard on her album If I Could Wrap Up a Kiss
- Nancy Wilson on her album A Nancy Wilson Christmas
- Will Downing on his album Christmas, Love and You
- Al Jarreau on his album Christmas
- Steve Vai on the album Merry Axemas
- "Christmas Time Is Here". Jazzstandards.com. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Eleven Things You Never Knew About the Making of a Charlie Brown Christmas". Yahoo!. Archived from the original on 16 December 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
|This jazz standard or composition-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|