Construction Site is a television series created by The Jim Henson Company in 1999, and consists of 7 construction vehicles. The show was broadcast on ABC Kids for a while, and had a range of videos. It was originally produced for and shown on CITV starting in 1999. In 2003 it was nominated for a Children's BAFTA for the Best Pre-School Live Action. Episodes are packaged as 52 x 10’ or 13 x 26’. The show is somewhat similar to Bob the Builder. Two 13 episode seasons were produced.
The main characters consist of a range of different construction equipment. They are as follows:
- Diggs the Tractor/Backhoe Loader
- Scooch (Skooch) the (Front-End) Dumper
- Carrie the Forklift
- Bozer the Bulldozer
- Carl the Crane
- Lug the Large Dumptruck
- Maxine the Cement Mixer
There were also mentioned/visiting characters:
- Flatty the Flatbed
- Skatch (Scatch) the (Front-End) Dumper/Dumptruck
- Gertie the (Large) Dumptruck
- Dumper the Jumper Truck
- Big Rig the "Supertruck"
- Kevin the Crane
- Truckzilla the Monster Truck
There are also other vehicles and also machines:
- The Low Loader
- The Tall Crane
- The Conveyor Belt
- The Wrecking Ball Crane
The series was set around a huge construction site, and we rarely see them come out of it. There were no humans, as this would be awkward with the puppet-like vehicles. The site consists of factories, a battery charge bay, a park, a Dock, a few Sheds, a Tall Bridge, a Scrapyard, a Mountain, a Forest, and many more.
Many of the characters were voiced by one same person the voices are as follows:
- Mark Jefferis - Bozer & Carl
- Brian Herring - Diggs
- Mak Wilson - Scooch & Lug
- Charlotte Bellamy - Carrie
- Angie Greaves - Maxine
- The vehicle models are used by live-action animatronic puppet models. This is the first time The Jim Henson Company have used these, as these type of puppets were restricted to movies like Babe and Labyrinth.
|This article about a children's television series produced in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|