||This article possibly contains original research. (June 2013)|
|Traded as||NYSE: CVG|
|Headquarters||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States|
|Number of locations||78|
|Key people||Andrea Ayers (President/CEO)
Andre S. Valentine (CFO)
Claudia Cline (Sr. VP/General Counsel)
Chandra Venkataramani (CIO)
|Products||Infinys Rating and Billing (IRB), Dynamic Decisioning Solution (DDS), ICOMS, etc.|
|Revenue||$ 2.005 billion (2012)|
|Operating income||$ 38.6 million (2012)|
|Net income||$ 100.6 million (2012)|
|Total assets||$ 2.038 billion (2012)|
|Total equity||$ 1.372 billion (2012)|
|Employees||77,000 (Dec 2012)|
Convergys Corporation is a corporation based in Cincinnati, Ohio, that sells customer management and information management products, primarily to large corporations. Customer management products include agent assisted, self-service and care software tailored to the communications, financial services, technology, retail, healthcare and government markets. Information management provides convergent billing and business support system (BSS) products and services including revenue management, product and order management, and customer care management to telecom, utilities, and cable/satellite/broadband service providers.
The company grew from Cincinnati Bell Information Systems and MATRIXX, both subsidiaries of Cincinnati Bell, and AT&T Solutions Customer Care (formerly AT&T American Transtech), which was sold to Cincinnati Bell in 1998; an IPO in August 1998 made it a fully independent company. Since then, Convergys' headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio, has acquired numerous companies.
On 22 March 2012, Japanese technology firm NEC announced it would buy the Information Management Business of Convergys for approximately $449 million. In 2012, Convergys Philippines, 8 years after its entry into the country established 18 centers with 26,000 employees in all, was named “BPO Employer of the Year” at the annual International ICT Awards.
Convergys has approximately 89,000 employees in 70 customer contact centers and other facilities in India (New Delhi, Gurgaon, Pune, Thane, Hyderabad, and Bangalore), the Philippines (Manila, Cebu City, Davao City, Baguio City, Santa Rosa, Naga City and Bacolod), Vietnam, Indonesia, United States, Canada, Costa Rica, Honduras (Altia Business Park, San Pedro Sula), South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
- "Convergys, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Feb 21, 2013". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Mar 28, 2013.
- "Convergys, Form S-1/A, Filing Date Aug 12, 1998". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Mar 28, 2013.
- "Convergys, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Mar 9, 2010". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Mar 28, 2013.
- "Convergys, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Mar 22, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Mar 28, 2013.
- CIO.COM website NEC to acquire Convergys Data Management Business. 22 March 2012. Visited: 3 April 2012
- "Convergys named BPO 'employer of the year'". ABS-CBN news. 2012-04-20.
- Official website
- Investor Relations
- Convergys at Google Finance
- Convergys SEC Filings
- Convergys - Stock Quote
- Convergys faces largest employment lawsuit in Scottish history
- Convergys, Deloitte face £8m unfair dismissal suit - TelesensKSCL ex-staffers in class action. The Register
- Software giant set to shed jobs in Capital, The Scotsman
- Convergys Call Center Agents Overtime Pay Class Action Lawsuit Complaint
- EEOC Sues Convergys Corporation For Religious Discrimination