August 16, 1985 |
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, U.S.
Cristin Milioti (born August 16, 1985) is an American actress known for her work in Broadway theatre. She is the 2010 star of That Face and received a Lucille Lortel Award nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress for her work in Stunning. In 2012, Milioti received a Tony Award nomination for Best Actress in a Musical for her work in Once. Her final performance as Girl in Once was on March 24, 2013. In the final episode of season 8 it was revealed that she was to play the role of The Mother in the U.S. sitcom How I Met Your Mother.
Milioti was born in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. She attended Cherry Hill High School East, graduating in 2003. She took acting classes at New York University, giving a notable performance in A History of Tears. She obtained bit parts in national advertising campaign ads, notably one for the Ford Edge. She has also appeared in television programs such as 30 Rock and films such as Greetings from the Shore. She was part of the original Broadway cast of Once, an adaptation of the film of the same name, for which she got a Tony Award nomination for Best Leading Actress. She also read aloud a short story for a 2011 episode of This American Life entitled "Adventure".
In 2013, she was cast in How I Met Your Mother as the Mother character (credited as "The Girl with the Yellow Umbrella"), appearing for the first time in the last episode of its eighth season, titled "Something New".
- The Devil's Disciple (2007 revival by Irish Repertory Theatre)
- Crooked (2008) – Laney
- Some Americans Abroad (2008) – Katie Taylor
- The Heart is a Lonely Hunter (2009 staging by New York Theatre Workshop) – Mick Kelly
- Stunning (2009 staging by Lincoln Center Theater) – Lily
- That Face (2010 staging by Manhattan Theatre Club) – Mia
- Once – The Girl
|2007||Greetings from the Shore||Didi|
|2009||Year of the Carnivore||Sammy Smalls|
|2012||Sleepwalk with Me||Janet Pandamiglio|
|I Am Ben||The Journalist|
|The Brass Teapot||Brandi|
|2013||Bert and Arnie's Guide to Friendship||Faye|
|The Wolf of Wall Street||Teresa Petrillo|
|2006||3 lbs||Megan Rafferty||1 episode|
|2006–07||The Sopranos||Catherine Sacrimoni||3 episodes:
"Mr. & Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request" (season 6: episode 5)
"Moe n' Joe" (season 6: episode 10)
"Stage 5" (season 6: episode 14)
|2009||The Unusuals||Sketch Artist||2 episodes:
"42" (season 1: episode 5)
"The E.I.D." (season 1: episode 10)
|2010||The Good Wife||Onya Eggertson||1 episode|
|2011||30 Rock||Abby Flynn||1 episode|
|Nurse Jackie||Monica||1 episode|
|2013–14||How I Met Your Mother||The Girl with the Yellow Umbrella/The Mother||Season 8 (guest; 1 episode)
Season 9 (series regular)
- Terry Teachout, A Commanding Debut, Wall Street Journal, 21 May 2010, p. W5
- "Tony Awards Nominations: Actress (Musical)". Gold Derby.
- Stransky, Tanner (May 13, 2013). ""How I Met Your Mother": Burning questions about the mother". EW.com.
- Cristin Milioti at the Internet Movie Database, accessed 11 June 2010
- "Ford Edge - Same City Better View (Milioti is in the back seat, gazing out the vehicle's sunroof)". Splendad.com. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "#448: Adventure!". This American Life. Retrieved 2013-12-11.
- Rorke, Robert (2013-05-14). "‘How I Met Your Mother’ finally reveals mom’s identity". NYPOST.com. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "Tony Award Nominee Cristin Milioti Weds DiCaprio In Scorsese's Wolf Of Wall Street". Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- Wall Street Journal
- Broadway World website, accessed 28 May 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cristin Milioti.|