Dallas Township, Huntington County, Indiana
Along the Wabash River in eastern Dallas Township
Location in Huntington County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||22.97 sq mi (59.5 km2)|
|• Land||22.67 sq mi (58.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2) 1.31%|
|Elevation||699 ft (213 m)|
|• Density||93.2/sq mi (36.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453251|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 22.97 square miles (59.5 km2), of which 22.67 square miles (58.7 km2) (or 98.69%) is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) (or 1.31%) is water. The Wabash River flows through Dallas Township.
Cities and towns
- Warren Township (north)
- Clear Creek Township (northeast)
- Huntington Township (east)
- Lancaster Township (southeast)
- Polk Township (south)
- Lagro Township, Wabash County (west)
The township contains two cemeteries: Maple Grove and Riverside.
- "Dallas Township, Huntington County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Huntington County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1887. p. 603.
- Bash, Frank Sumner (1914). History of Huntington County, Indiana: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People, and Its Principal Interests. The Lewis Publishing Company. p. 94.