September 28, 1978 
|Residence||St. Louis, Missouri|
|Education||Fox High School|
|Occupation||editor-in-chief of Big Journalism, conservative radio host, blogger, political analyst|
KFTK FM NewsTalk 97.1
|http://www.danaradio.com http://www.bigjournalism.com/ http://www.mamalogues.com/ (defunct)|
Dana Loesch (pronounced DAY-nə LASH, née Eaton, born September 28, 1978) is a conservative talk radio host and a host and contributor at TheBlaze. Loesch has appeared as a political commentator on Fox News, CNN, CBS, ABC and HBO.
Dana Loesch graduated from Fox High School in Arnold, Missouri. She attended St. Louis Community College at Meramec before transferring to Webster University to study journalism. She dropped out after meeting her husband, Chris, with whom she homeschools two children. Loesch is a former liberal who became a conservative activist after the September 11 attacks.
Loesch hosts The Dana Show: The Conservative Alternative, which broadcasts weekdays from noon to 3:00 PM Central time on KFTK FM NewsTalk 97.1 in St. Louis and WIBC in Indianapolis. In October 2010, Loesch also became editor-in-chief of Big Journalism, one of the conservative group blogs created by Andrew Breitbart. In February 2011, CNN hired Loesch, Will Cain, and Democratic strategist Cornell Belcher, as political analysts in preparation for its 2012 election coverage. Loesch was specifically hired to represent the Tea Party point of view.
She co-founded the St. Louis Tea Party in 2009 along with its board president, Bill Hennessy. In December 2011, Loesch left the organization when she and Hennessy disagreed on which Republican to support in Missouri's 2nd congressional district, after Loesch backed the establishment candidate, U.S. Representative Ann Wagner, and Hennessy favored Missouri Republican Party Chairman Ed Martin. Loesch later helped form the Gateway Grassroots Initiative.
Loesch was the recipient of Accuracy In Media's Grassroots Journalism award and the inaugural Breitbart Spirit Award. She also guest hosts for other radio talent such as Glenn Beck and Michael Savage. Loesch was added to Talkers Magazine 's top 100 "heavy hitters" in 2012.
On January 10, 2014, Loesch debuted her new TV Show, Dana, on Glenn Beck's TheBlaze TV.
In December 2012, Loesch sued the parent company of her former employer Breitbart.com. Loesch contends that owner and operator Breitbart LLC bound her to "what amounts to indentured servitude in limbo" after she says she was forced to terminate her contract as the result of an "increasingly hostile" working environment.
In 2012 a video of U.S. Marines urinating on Taliban fighters was released. Loesch celebrated the actions on her radio show saying that she would "drop trou and do it too" Former Marine Goldie Taylor stated that Loesch's remarks were "disgusting". Loesch would later say that she was "defending them [the Marines] from overly-dramatic hysteria".
During the rape and pregnancy controversies in 2012, after former Rep. Todd Akin made his "legitimate rape" remarks, Loesch commented on Twitter "Seems to me like Akin was trying to fit medical explanation into a soundbite. Not the best statement, but some are stretching it majorly."
- "Because it's an important issue". Blog. August 8, 2008.
- "Another Year". Blog. September 28, 2010.
- "Patriot Dame: Dana Loesch, Tea Party co-founder and rising star of conservative talk radio, reporting for duty!". Riverfront Times. February 24, 2010.
- Beck, Glenn. "How did a former liberal become a conservative activist? Dana Loesch tells her story.". Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- "FM NewsTalk 97.1 - St. Louis - The Dana Show". Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- Loesch, Dana (October 11, 2010). "Allow Me to Introduce Myself...". Big Journalism. Archived from the original on October 14, 2010. Retrieved October 27, 2010.
- "CNN Looks Ahead to 2012 Election Season". cnn.com. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- "Dana Loesch Departs St. Louis Tea Party", Riverfront Times, December 6, 2011
- CNN's Loesch champions Marine video, Politico, Dylan Byers, 1/13/12
- Tommy, Christopher (15 January 2012). "Goldie Taylor Calls Out CNN’s Dana Loesch On CNN Over Urinate-Gate". Mediaite. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- Dana Loesch Endorses Taliban Desecration By Marines: ‘I’d Drop Trou And Do It Too’ (Updated), Mediaite, James Crugnale, January 13th, 2012
- "Dana Loesch: Stop overreacting to Todd Akin’s comments". Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- CNN's Dana Loesch Excuses GOP Rep. Akin's "Legitimate Rape" Remarks, August 19, 2012
- Dana Loesch: Not afraid to fire away, Politico, MACKENZIE WEINGER, 10/7/13
- Piers Morgan: Dana Loesch banned from show, Politico, MACKENZIE WEINGER, 5/22/13
- Dana Loesch returns to Piers Morgan after ban, Politico, MACKENZIE WEINGER, 1/14/14
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dana Loesch.|