||This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (March 2015)|
September 28, 1978 
|Residence||St. Louis, Missouri|
|Education||Fox High School, Arnold, Missouri|
|Occupation||Radio host, television host, author, public speaker, political analyst|
|Employer||TheBlaze, Radio America|
|Children||2 boys |
Dana Loesch (pronounced DAY-nə LASH, née Eaton, born September 28, 1978) is an American conservative talk radio host, television host at TheBlaze and author of Hands Off My Gun: Defeating the Plot to Disarm America. Loesch has appeared as a political commentator on Fox News, CNN, CBS, ABC and HBO among many others.
Loesch was raised by her mother, Gale, in an extended family of Southern Baptists, and Democrats. She graduated from Fox High School in Arnold, Missouri. She attended St. Louis Community College at Meramec before transferring to Webster University to study journalism on scholarship. Loesch got pregnant, dropped out of college and got married, having her first child when she was 21. Loesch and her husband homeschooled two children together.
After leaving Webster University, Loesch began writing for St. Louis Magazine, doing investigative news articles and began her popular website "Mamalogues". Dana allowed the St. Louis Post Dispatch to run with "Mamalogues" as a weekly column, which won Loesch the Riverfront Times' "Best Newspaper Columnist St. Louis 2007". Loesch started hosting her radio show in 2008 which is now a nationally syndicated, daily program "The Dana Show: The Conservative Alternative" on Radio America from flagship station KFTK-FM in St. Louis, Missouri and is also featured on stations around the country. In July of 2008 Loesch was chosen as one of St. Louis Business Journal's top 30 Under 30. She was recognized by the Nielsen ratings as one of the Top 50 Most Powerful Mom Bloggers. In October 2010, Loesch was hired to be editor-in-chief of Big Journalism, a conservative website created by Andrew Breitbart. In February 2011, CNN hired Loesch as a political analysts in preparation for its 2012 election coverage.
Loesch was the recipient of Accuracy In Media's Grassroots Journalism award and the inaugural Breitbart Spirit Award. She also guest hosts for other national radio talent such as Glenn Beck and Michael Savage. In 2010 she was awarded Best Radio Personality by West Newsmagazine. Loesch was added to Talkers Magazine 's top 100 "heavy hitters" in 2012 and was number 33 in 2014. Loesch is also a mainstay on the conservative political circuit and hosted the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in 2013.
In December 2012, after the death of founder Andrew Breitbart in March 2012, Loesch sued the parent company of her former employer Breitbart.com. Loesch claimed in court documents that that owner and operator Breitbart LLC bound her to "what amounts to indentured servitude in limbo" after she says she was forced to terminate her contract as the result of an hostile working environment.
In May 2013, after a series of public comments back and forth between Loesch and Piers Morgan on Twitter regarding the murder of British soldier Lee Rigby, Morgan vowed to ban Loesch from his show, Piers Morgan Live. Loesch returned to the show in January 2014 after their producers, who were friends, arranged for Loesch and Morgan to work out their differences amicably.
On January 10, 2014, Loesch debuted her new daily TV Show, Dana, on Glenn Beck's TheBlaze TV.
In October 2014, Loesch released Hands Off My Gun: Defeating the Plot to Disarm America. Reviewing the book, Kelly Young of the National Rifle Association's American Rifleman wrote, "Hands Off My Gun is recommended reading, regardless of whether you’re a proud supporter of gun rights, an ardent gun control proponent or somewhere in-between. Viewer discretion is advised, however, as Loesch also relates in the book many of the threats and insults that have been hurled at her over the years by members of the 'tolerant Left' – many of which are exceedingly vulgar and violent." The book appeared on Politico's weekly list of non-fiction political bestsellers on December 20, 2014.
- Loesch, Dana (2012). Hands Off My Gun: Defeating the Plot to Disarm America. Hachette Book Group. ISBN 9781455584345.
- Loesch, Dana (August 8, 2008). "Because it's an important issue". Mamalogues.
- Loesch, Dana (September 28, 2010). "Another Year". Mamalogues.
- Hinman, Kristen (February 24, 2010). "Patriot Dame: Dana Loesch, Tea Party co-founder and rising star of conservative talk radio, reporting for duty!". Riverfront Times.
- Weinger, Mackenzie (10/7/2013). "Dana Loesch: Not afraid to fire away". Politico. Retrieved 7 April 2015. Check date values in:
- "Best Newspaper Columnist St. Louis 2007 - Dana Loesch". The Riverfront Times. Sep 27, 2007. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "The Dana Show". Radio America.
- "Class of 2008". American City Business Journals. 13 July 2008. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "This year's 30 Under 30 class by the numbers". Biz Journals. Jul 10, 2008. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "Dana Loesch". Biz Journals. Jul 10, 2008. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "Power Mom 50". Http://www.nielsen-online.com. Nielsen Ratings. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- Loesch, Dana (October 11, 2010). "Allow Me to Introduce Myself...". Big Journalism. Archived from the original on October 14, 2010. Retrieved October 27, 2010.
- "CNN Looks Ahead to 2012 Election Season". cnn.com. February 10, 2011.
- Garrison, Chad (December 6, 2011). "Dana Loesch Departs St. Louis Tea Party". Riverfront Times.
- "Dana Loesch, Sharyl Attkisson to Receive Reed Irvine Accuracy in Media Awards at CPAC 2012" (Press release). Accuracy In Media. February 1, 2012.
- Byers, Dylan (February 7, 2012). "Loesch, Attkisson to receive AIM awards". Politico.
- Chastain, Mary (Jul 22, 2012). "DANA LOESCH WINS BREITBART SPIRIT AWARD AT SMART GIRL SUMMIT". Breitbart News. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- "2010 The Best Of The West" (Vol 16 No 1). West Newsmagazine. Jan 11, 2011. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "The Dana Show". WAAM Talk 1600. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- "Talkers Heavy 100". Talkers Magazine.
- "ACU Announces CPAC St. Louis" (Press release). American Conservative Union. May 7, 2013.
- Howie, Craig (December 21, 2012). "Dana Loesch sues Breitbart.com LLC". Politico.
- Weinger, Mackenzie (May 22, 2013). "Piers Morgan: Dana Loesch banned from show". Politico.
- Weinger, Mackenzie (January 14, 2014). "Dana Loesch returns to Piers Morgan after ban". Politico.
- Young, Kelly (January 8, 2015). "Hands Off My Gun: Defeating the Plot to Disarm America". American Rifleman.
- "Politico Non-Fiction Best-Sellers List: The Politico Bookshelf list of the week’s best-selling nonfiction political books as of December 20, 2014". Politico, C-SPAN. Dec 20, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dana Loesch.|