In My Time
|In My Time|
|Studio album by Yanni|
|Released||April 6, 1993|
Soft adult contemporary
In My Time is the ninth studio album by Yanni, released on the Private Music label in 1993, (see 1993 in music). This album is a gentler collection of piano-focused pieces. The album attained Platinum status and was the second Grammy nomination for Yanni. It peaked at #1 on "Billboard's "Top New Age Albums" chart and at #24 on the "Billboard 200" chart in the same year.
The corresponding concert tour for the year was Yanni Live, The Symphony Concerts 1993.
"This was the kind of album I've been wanting to make for years," Yanni says, "a clear and honest album that would be consistent in its mood. I wanted the audience to feel the human being behind the music. One human being to another. For that reason, I intentionally kept the background instrumentation and production at a minimum."
|Problems playing these files? See media help.|
In a review by Backroads Music/Heartbeats, "Yanni's latest is another extension of his creative spirit and stirring passion for life. Focusing on piano as his primary instrument, Yanni infuses his "signature" style with timeless, eloquent themes and plenty of romantic energy. No longer are rhythm and dynamic currents as vital to his sound, since he seems to have stopped fueling his music with 'rocket power'. His romantic outpourings lend a personal nature to In My Time, and this new effort should be received with enthusiasm far and wide. Yanni is uniquely expressive, and this new music is deeply touching on many levels."
I also wish to thank my band: Osama Afifi (bass), Charlie Bisharat (violin), Karen Briggs (violin), Michael Bruno (percussion), Julie Homi (keyboards), Bradley Joseph (keyboards), Sachi McHenry (cello), and my crew.
|1.||"In the Morning Light"||3:49|
|2.||"One Man's Dream"||2:43|
|3.||"Before I Go"||4:30|
|5.||"The End of August"||4:51|
|6.||"To Take... To Hold"||4:01|
|7.||"In the Mirror"||4:04|
|9.||"Whispers in the Dark"||5:24|
|10.||"Only a Memory"||4:15|
|11.||"Until the Last Moment"||6:22|
- All music composed and produced by Yanni
- Endre Granat – violin on "The End of August" and "Felitsa".
- Recorded at Yanni's private studios
- Engineered by Yanni
- Mastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering, Los Angeles
- Art Direction & Design: Norman Moore
- Photography: Lynn Goldsmith
- (G=Gold, P=Platinum, M=Multi-Platinum)
- YANNI IN MY TIME 07/08/93 PRIVATE MUSIC G ALBUM SOLO Std
- YANNI IN MY TIME 05/05/94 PRIVATE MUSIC P ALBUM SOLO Std
Yanni Live, The Symphony Concerts 1993
- Charlie Adams – drums
- Charlie Bisharat – violin
- Karen Briggs – violin
- Ric Fierabracci – bass guitar
- Michael "Kalani" Bruno – percussion
- Julie Homi – keyboards
- Bradley Joseph – keyboards
- Shardad Rohani – Conductor
- Orchestrations and arrangements by Shardad Rohani, John Rinehimer, and Jeffrey Silverman.
- Additional orchestration work by Chris Bankey.
- Transcriptions and arrangement preparation by Shardad Rohani and Richard Boukas.
- Ethnicity World Tour 2003–2004 - Official concert program. Yanni. 2003.
- "Chart history for In My Time". Allmusic. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- Yanni (1993). Yanni Live, The Symphony Concerts 1993 - Official concert program.
- Backroads Music. "Review of In My Time". Allmusic. Retrieved 2006-12-21.
- In My Time (CD liner). Yanni. Private Music. 1993. 01005-82106-2.
- "Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) Gold and Platinum searchable database". Retrieved 2007-01-01.