Republic of China
Denmark–Taiwan relations are foreign relations between Denmark and Taiwan. Denmark does not recognize the Republic of China, but has a trade council in Taipei. Taiwan has a Representative office in Copenhagen. In 2005, both countries signed a tax treaty.
On 9 January 1950, Denmark became one of the first European countries to recognize the People's Republic of China. Denmark has never diplomatically recognized the Republic of China on Taiwan. Denmark has unofficial relations with Taiwan, but these were primarily related to trade, culture, science and economic affairs.
Chairwoman of Danish People's Party, Pia Kjaersgaard, said that the friendship of Taiwan in the Folketing would help understanding between Taiwan and Denmark. Danish People's Party supports Taiwan in the United Nations, and also in the World Health Organization.
In 1993, the trade between Denmark and Taiwan amounted $206,5 million. The trade between Denmark and Taiwan has shown steady growth. From 2000 to 2005, it grew at the average annual growth rate of 15%, which makes Denmark Taiwan’s most promising trade partner in Europe. In 2006 trade between the countries set a new record, US$907.8 million. Denmark’s major imports from Taiwan is mobile phones, bicycles and computer related products. Taiwan's major imports from Denmark is wind turbines, machinery and medical instruments. Danish companies in Taiwan are Bang & Olufsen, Danfoss, Lego and Maersk.
Science and technology
- "The Danish Trade Council in Taipei, Republic of China (Taiwan)". Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Taipei Representative Office in Denmark". Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of China (Taiwan). Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- Asia today international 25. University of California: East Asia News and Features. 2007. Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- Christopher Bo Bramsen. "Peace and friendship: Denmark's official relations with China, 1674-2000". ISBN 87-87062-82-8. Retrieved 2011-01-27.
- Mads Kirkebæk (2000). "China and Denmark: relations since 1674". ISBN 87-87062-71-2. "Trade and Economic Relations between Denmark and Taiwan 1949-1997"
- Staff writer (16 September 2007). "Danish People's Party Taiwan in United Nations". Danish People's Party (Politiken). Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Taiwan in World Health Organization". Danish People's Party (Danish People's Party). 11 May 2003. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- Daily report: People's Republic of China 170 - 188. University of Michigan: National Technical Information Service. 1993. Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- "Taiwan's Trade With Denmark At All-Time High". The Foreigner in Formosa. 16 March 2007. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- Bilateral Trade between Taiwan and Denmark Reached US$568 million in the first seven month of 2009 Taipei Representative Office in Denmark
- (*.doc) "Companies in Republic of China (Taiwan)". Danish Trade Council in Republic of China (Taiwan). Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Danish - Taiwanese Relations". Taipei Representative Office in Denmark. 28 November 2006. Retrieved 12 February 2011.