||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
Calero at the Big Apple Convention, May 21, 2011.
|Born||Miami Beach, Florida|
|Area(s)||Writer, Penciller, Inker, Colourist|
|Notable works||X Factor
Legion of Superheroes
|Awards||Harvey Award Nomination, best new series, X Factor 2006|
Calero's work includes Acclaim Comics' licensed-product titles Sliders and Magic: The Gathering; Moonstone Books' TV tie-in titles Cisco Kid and Kolchak: The Night Stalker, Platinum Comics' Cowboys & Aliens; IDW Publishing's Masters of Horror: Dreams in the Witch House; and Marvel Comics' X-Factor, during his tenure on which the title was nominated for the Harvey Award for Best New Series (2006). In 2006, IDW announced that Calero would be one of the cover artists on its six-issue Star Trek: The Next Generation TV tie-in miniseries The Space Between, scheduled for 2007.[dead link]
In 2012, Calero illustrated the Shadow Annual for Dynamite Entertainment and is illustrating issues 2-8 of MASKS, a mini-series developed by Dynamite, Alex Ross and Chris Roberson putting together many of the popular pulp heroes Dynamic Forces licenses, such as the Green Hornet & Kato, the Shadow, and Zorro.
Calero has also provided illustrations sporadically for role-playing games, beginning in 1996 for White Wolf Publishing. He has done interior artwork for Dungeons & Dragons books for the Forgotten Realms setting, such as Silver Marches, Faiths and Pantheons, and Races of Faerûn.
Devil Inside, based upon a webcomic co-created by Dennis Calero and actor Todd Stashwick, was optioned in 2011 for development. It was also announced on Deadline.com that Calero and Stashwick were writing an original pilot for the SyFy channel called Clandestine.
|This section requires expansion. (August 2008)|
- Cowboys & Aliens (with authors Fred Van Lente and Andrew Foley, graphic novel, Platinum Studios, 2006, ISBN 978-1-58240-724-1)
- Supergirl & Legion of Super-Heroes #32-36 (with Tony Bedard, DC Comics, 2007–2008)
- Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles: The Authorized Adaptation (by Ray Bradbury, graphic novel, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2011, ISBN 978-0-80906-793-0)
- Harvey Award Nominees Announced (press release by Jonah Weiland, executive producer, Comic-Con International), Comic Book Resources, June 1, 2006
- Brady, Matt. "To Boldly Keep Going: Talking Trelk at IDW". Newsarama.[dead link]
- Honorable mention from the Society of Illustrators West
- MASKS a mini-series developed by Dynamite (solicitations from Dynamite), Dynamite Entertainment
- The Little Green God of Agony Takes Over The Web (press release from StephenKing.com), Stephen King, October 13, 2012
- Syfy Channel is developing a space adventure/drama 'Clandestine' (article from Deadline), Syfy Channel, August 8, 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dennis Calero.|
- Official website
- Dennis Calero at the Grand Comics Database
- Dennis Calero at the Comic Book DB
- Dennis Calero at Pen & Paper archive