||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
8 January 1975 |
|Genres||Heavy metal, thrash metal, death metal, melodic death metal, industrial metal, technical death metal|
|Instruments||Drums, percussion, guitar|
|Associated acts||Soilwork, Scarve, Aborted, The Devin Townsend Project, Bent Sea|
Dirk Verbeuren (born 1975, Antwerp) is a Belgian heavy metal drummer. He plays in Swedish melodic death metal band Soilwork, French technical death metal band Scarve (of which he was a founding member), French melodic death metal band Phaze I, Dutch death-thrash metal band Anatomy of I, and American thrash metal band, Powermad. He recently created the grindcore band Bent Sea, which features Shane Embury on bass and vocals by Sven de Caluwe of Aborted.
He has played as a session drummer for Aborted, Fredrik Thordendal, Lyzanxia, Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition, Manu Livertout, Infinited Hate, 7th Circle, Headline, Colosso (in the album Abrasive Peace) and Taliandorogd. He acted as session drummer on Sybreed's 2007 album Antares, as well as Yyrkoon's Occult Medicine. In 2011, he played in the Devin Townsend Project's Deconstruction, sharing drum duty with Ryan Van Poederooyen.
He has recorded drums for and the solo album of Warrel Dane of Nevermore, Praises to the War Machine, which was produced by fellow Soilwork guitarist Peter Wichers, as well as Plains of Oblivion, a solo album by Jeff Loomis, another member of Nevermore. He also recorded several tracks on the Nuclear Blast All Stars CD Out of the Dark with several current and former Soilwork members Henry Ranta and Peter Wichers.
As it is confirmed on the official The Project Hate MCMXCIX web-site, Verbeuren is also to be filling up in studio for the upcoming Project Hate album, due to busy schedule of their drummer.
Verbeuren runs his own Die Crawling studio. He uses Tama drums and sticks, Meinl Percussion cymbals, Evans drumheads, Toontrack drum programming software and dB drumshoes. He has released a triple MIDI collection for Toontrack's software called Library of the Extreme: Blasts and Fills, Death & Thrash. and Fill Insanity.
Bands and collaborations
- Bent Sea
- Phaze I
- Anatomy of I
- Malevolence (band) (session drums on "Antithetical")
- The Project Hate MCMXCIX (session drums on The Cadaverous Retaliation Agenda)
- The Devin Townsend Project
- One Way Mirror (industrial rock/metal band with Guillaume Bideau of Mnemic)
- Sybreed (session drums on Antares)
- "Dirk Verbeuren - Encyclopaedia Metallum". Metal-archives.com. Retrieved 2015-03-18.
- Dirk Verbeuren profile on Meinl Cymbals. Retrieved on August 11, 2012.
- "Soilwork Drummer Discusses New Album, Future Of Scarve". The Gauntlet, Retrieved on August 15, 2009.
- Library of the Extreme: Blasts and Fills Order Page, Toontrack. Retrieved on August 11, 2012.
- Library of the Extreme: Death & Thrash Order Page, Toontrack. Retrieved on August 11, 2012.
- Library of the Extreme: Fill Insanity Order Page, Toontrack. Retrieved on March 4, 2013.