|Date of birth||February 10, 1983|
|Place of birth||Shenyang, Liaoning, China|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Current club||Tianjin Teda|
|2012||→ Tianjin Teda (loan)||12||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of End Of 2013 Chinese League Season.
† Appearances (Goals).
Du Zhenyu (Chinese: 杜震宇; pinyin: Dù Zhènyǔ; born February 10, 1983 in Shenyang, Liaoning) is a Chinese international footballer who currently plays as a midfielder for Tianjin Teda in the Chinese Super League.
Du Zhenyu started his career in 2001 with Changchun Yatai, where in his first season he made eighteen appearances scoring five goals. Since 2003, he gradually become a team regular for Changchun Yatai until the 2005 league season saw him establish himself within as a first-team regular where he helped play a significant part in the promotion of Changchun Yatai into the Chinese Super League by helping Changchun come second in the second tier league. With Changchun now in the top tier, Du Zhenyu found it relatively easy to translate his prolific goalscoring record from midfield by scoring seven league goals and helping Changchun to fourth in the league.
The 2007 league season was to prove the most successful for Du Zhenyu as he played a significant part in the title-winning Changchun Yatai team, subsequently winning the Footballer of the Year award in the process. The following season saw Changchun play in the AFC Champions League; however, despite scoring several goals and a winning start against Bình Dương F.C., Changchun were unable to get out of the group stages. The 2008 league season wasn't to prove much more successful as Changchun ended the season in sixth; however, Du Zhenyu still continued his prolific goalscoring form by scoring ten league goals.
At the beginning of the 2012 Chinese Super League season, Du lost favour within the team to Liu Weidong, which soon saw him decide to move to Tianjin Teda on loan, where he made his debut on July 14, 2012, against Qingdao Jonoon in a league game that ended in a 0-0 draw. After that game, he quickly established himself as a regular within the team and on July 28, 2012, he scored his first goal for the club in a league game against Beijing Guoan in a 2–1 victory. His productive time at Tianjin was, however halted when he was fined 35,000 yuan and banned for 7 games for pushing and abusing a referee after being sent off for two bookable offences on October 27, 2012 in a league game against Guizhou Renhe. Despite his suspension carrying on to the following season, Tianjin decided to make his move permanent before the start of the 2013 Chinese Super League.
Due to his impressive performances in the league at the beginning of the 2006 league season he was brought into the senior national team. He would make his debut in a friendly match against Thailand on August 10, 2006 in a 4-0 win where he also scored his first goal.
- "Dù, Zhènyǔ". National Football Teams. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "China 2005". rsssf.com. 26 Oct 2006. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "杜震宇 2006赛季表现". csldata.sports.sohu.com. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "CSL All Star Game 2007 : Le Nord s'impose aux tirs au but". asianreddragons. 17 novembre 2007. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "MATCH SUMMARY Changchun Yatai 2-1 Bình Dương F.C.". the-afc.com. 12-Mar-2008. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "杜震宇 2008赛季表现". csldata.sports.sohu.com. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "Tianjin Teda vs. Qingdao Jonoon 0-0". soccerway.com. 14 July 2012. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- "Tianjin Teda vs. Beijing Guoan 2-1". soccerway.com. 28 July 2012. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- "足协重罚杜震宇:停7场罚3万5 明年回亚泰先停5场". sports.sina.com.cn. 2012-11-02. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- "亚泰宣布杜震宇宗垒转会天津 张文钊将铁定留队". sports.sohu.com. 2012-12-21. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- "China 4-0 Thailand". teamchina.freehostia.com. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- Du Zhenyu at National-Football-Teams.com