Eagle Rock Entertainment
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
|Industry||Music, entertainment, music publishing|
|Genre||Rock, jazz, blues, R&B, pop|
|Founder(s)||Terry Shand, Geoff Kempin, Julian Paul|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Terry Shand (Executive Chairman/CEO), Simon Hosken (Chief Financial Officer/COO), Geoff Kempin (Executive Director)|
|Products||Theatrical, Television, DVD, BluRay, 3D BluRay, Digital Media, CD|
Eagle Rock Productions
Eagle-i Music Ltd
Eagle Rock Entertainment is an independent international producer and distributor of music films and programming for Cinema, Television, DVD/Blu-ray and Digital media. Based in London, Eagle Rock has produced and/or distributed both live concert and documentary films and programmes in various formats, featuring Queen, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who, The Moody Blues, Paul McCartney, Elton John, The Doors, ZZ Top, Eric Clapton, Tina Turner, Peter Gabriel, Nirvana, U2, Metallica, Eminem, Dream Theater, the Talking Heads and Jeff Beck amongst others.
Eagle Rock also operates two record labels (Eagle Records and Armoury Records), a full-service production company (Eagle Rock Productions) and a music publishing subsidiary (Eagle-i Music).
Eagle Rock Entertainment PLC was founded in April 1997 by Terry Shand, Geoff Kempin and Julian Paul, three former colleagues at Castle Communications, with capital coming from BMG. It was later acquired by Edel Records and in 2001 entirely sold to the British investment company HgCapital for £34 millions. In 2007 a minority stake was re-acquired by Edel AG. The Eagle Vision division was established in 2000.
Eagle Rock Entertainment's headquarters are in London, with offices in New York (Eagle Rock Entertainment, Inc.) and affiliate offices in Aldershot, Paris, Toronto and Hamburg. Eagle Rock is a privately owned company. Its shareholders have included BMG, Intel, Edel AG, HgCapital and Beringea.
Divisions and subsidiaries
- Eagle Records (Audio division)
- Sub-divisions include:
- Sub-divisions include:
- Eagle Rock Productions - (producers of music and factual programming)
- Eagle-i Music Ltd
- Harrington, Ben (4 October 2006). "US bidders keen to do the Eagle Rock". Telegraph.co.uk. The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- "24-12-2001: HgCapital backs £34 million management buy-out of Eagle Rock Entertainment". HgCapital official website. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- "Edel Acquiring Share In Eagle Rock Entertainment". Mi2n.com. 16 May 2007. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- "Eagle Rock - Details". Edel AG official website. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- "Past Winners Search: 2010 - 53rd Annual Grammy Awards, Music Video". Grammy.com. Retrieved 2013-11-21.