Education in the Halifax Regional Municipality
The Halifax Regional School Board is responsible for administering the 137 public schools located within HRM providing instruction from primary to grade 12.
There are 14 independent schools in the municipality.
- Armbrae Academy
- Halifax Grammar School
- Sacred Heart School of Halifax
- Halifax Independent School
- Halifax Christian Academy
- Shambhala School
- Musquodoboit Rural High School
- Dalhousie University
- Saint Mary's University
- University of King's College
- Atlantic School of Theology
- Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University
- Université Sainte-Anne, Halifax Campus
This university is located in suburban Rockingham:
The former Technical University of Nova Scotia (TUNS) was merged into Dalhousie University. The University of King's College remains an independent institution but its students have access to Dalhousie's arts and science faculties.
Cape Breton University has a satellite campus in HRM for extension courses.
The Nova Scotia Community College network maintains three campuses in HRM.
- Institute of Technology Campus
- Waterfront Campus
- Akerley Campus
There are also a variety of private career and business colleges located in and around HRM's urban core.
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2009)|