Entally (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||24. Kolkata Uttar|
|Electoral system||First past the post|
Entally (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is part of No. 24 Kolkata Uttar (Lok Sabha constituency).Prior to the Indian general election, 2009 it was part of Calcutta North East (Lok Sabha constituency).
In the 2011 election, Swarnakamal Saha of Trinamool Congress defeated his nearest rival Debesh Das of CPI(M).
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Entally |
|Trinamool Congress||Swarna Kamal Saha||75,891||56.23||7.86|
|CPI(M)||Dr. Debesh Das||50,895||37.71||-11.87|
|BJP||Sudhir Kumar Pandey||3,230||2.39|
|BSP||Ram Janam Kori||824|
|JD(U)||Sumanta Kumar Hira||769|
|PDS||Mir Tipu Sultan Ali||477|
|Independent||Mihir Kumar Dutta||240|
|Trinamool Congress gain from CPI(M)||Swing|
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||0||6|
|Rashtriya Janata Dal||0||1|
Note: New constituencies – 3, constituencies abolished – 10
In the 2006 elections to the state assembly, Hashim Abdul Halim of CPI(M) won the Entally assembly seat defeating his nearest rival Khalid Ebadullah of Congress. In the 2004 by election, necessitated by the election of the sitting MLA to the Lok Sabha (Parliament), Md. Abu Sufayen of CPI(M) defeated Khalid Ebadullah of Congress. In 2001, Md. Salim of CPI(M) defeated Sultan Ahmed of Trinamool Congress. In 1996, Sultan Ahmed of Congress defeated Ziauddin Ahmed of CPI(M). In 1987, Sultan Ahmed of Congress defeated Md. Nizamuddin of CPI(M). Md. Nizamuddin of CPI(M) defeated Sultan Ahmed of Congress in 1982 and Biman Behari Mitra of Janata Party in 1977.
In 1972 the Entally seat was won by Abu Asad Mohammad Obadul Ghani of CPI. In 1971, it was won by Md. Nezamuddin of CPI(M). A.A.M.O.Ghani of CPI won the seat in 1969, 1967, 1962 and 1957. Debendra Chandra Dev of Congress won the Entally seat in independent India’s first general election in 1951.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Statistical Report on General Elections, 2004 to the 14th Lok Sabha". Volume III Details For Assembly Segments Of Parliamentary Constituencies. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "Entally". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Entally. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Entally. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "153 - Entally Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-11-15.