Flint the Time Detective
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
|Flint the Time Detective|
(Jikū Tantei Genshi-kun)
|Genre||Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Hiroshi Fukutomi|
|Licensed by|| Sanrio
Saban Entertainment (Expired)
|English network|| Fox, Fox Family, Jetix
|Original run||1 October 1998 – 24 June 1999|
|Jikū Tantei Genshi-kun|
|Written by||Hideki Sonoda, Akira Yamauchi|
|Magazine||Comic Bom Bom|
|Original run||1999 – 2000|
Flint the Time Detective, known in Japan as Space-Time Detective Genshi-kun (時空探偵ゲンシクン Jikū Tantei Genshi-kun ), is an animated Japanese television series directed by Hiroshi Fukutomi. It was based on a manga by Hideki Sonoda and Akira Yamauchi and was published by Kodansha in Japan. The anime aired from 1998 to 1999 in Japan and ran for 39 episodes. In USA Flint the Time Detective airs from March 5, 2000 until November 5, 2000. The series also aired in the Philippines via GMA 7 and dubbed in Filipino language which runs from late 2000 until mid-2001.
The show is centered around the adventures of Flint Hammerhead, the "Time Detective," a boy from the prehistoric era who was resurrected from a fossil and became a Time Detective, although his competency as a detective is dubious. Much like Inspector Gadget, much of the heavy thinking is done by Flint's friends, Sarah and Tony Goodman, who accompany him on his adventures. Flint, however, pulled his weight in battle, when he would fight with the aid of his father Rocky Hammerhead, whose partial resurrection left him a sentient, talking rock with a face. Rocky, fashioned into a hammer for Flint, served Flint as both sturdy weapon and adviser, the latter both in and out of battle. Flint's job as a Time Detective was to go back in time and convince time-shifters- cute, collectible creatures - to ally with him to protect the timeline.
Usually he fought against Petra Fina and her cronies, Dino and Mite (very reminiscent of Marjo, Grocky, and Walther from Time Bokan), servants of the Dark Lord. The Dark Lord himself sought to use the time-shifters' powers to invade the Land of Time, the creatures' home realm from whence he had scattered them. Similar to Pokémon or Digimon time-shifters originate as small, cute creatures, who can evolve into much stronger forms for a time before reverting; this usually took two forms: an evil form induced by the Dark Lord's magic (in the form of the Petra Stamp or Uglinator's mark) and a good one brought forth by Flint and his team.
- Genshi (ゲンシ) / Flint Hammerhead
- Voiced by: Yukiji (Japanese), R. Martin Klein (English)
- The main protagonist of the story. Flint is a young, strong caveboy who was fossilized by Petra Fina with his father upon discovery of Getalong. He was freed by Dr. Bernard Goodman's technology and became a member of the Time Police. Viewers says that Flint resembles Son Goku from Dragon Ball and his weakness is when his stomach runs on empty.
- Sora Yamato (大和ソラ Yamato Sora ) / Sarah Goodman
- Voiced by: Nana Mizuki (Japanese), Tifanie Christun (English)
- A girl from the 25th century who is Dr. Goodman's niece and Tony Goodman's twin sister who accompanies Flint on his missions.
- Tokio Yamato (大和トキオ Yamato Tokio ) / Tony Goodman
- Voiced by: Chiaki Morita (Japanese), Brian Donovan (English)
- A boy from the 25th century who is Dr. Goodman's nephew and Sarah Goodman's twin brother who also accompanies Flint on his missions.
- Professor Yamato (大和博士 Yamato-hakase ) / Dr. Bernard Goodman
- Voiced by: Masamichi Satō (Japanese), Richard Cansino (English)
- A scientist who is the uncle of Sarah and Tony Goodman. He was the one who restored Flint and Getalong. He has a crush on Jillian Gray and he is responsible to sends a time shifters to aid Flint.
- Dad-tan (オトタン Ototan ) / Rocky Hammerhead
- Voiced by: Fumihiko Tachiki (Japanese), Bob Papenbrook (English)
- Flint's caveman father who was fossilized alongside his son. When his son was de-fossilized, Rocky ended up as a flat, stone rectangle. Dr. Goodman made him into a high-tech stone ax for Flint to use as a weapon. In this form, Rocky has a beam that can fossilize and de-fossilize anything and can grow for his Hammerhead Rock attack.
- Ptera / Puu (プテラ Putera ) / Pterry
- Voiced by: Chinami Nishimura (Japanese), Greg Berg (English)
- A small robotic Pteranodon that accompanies Flint on his missions. He is responsible for his Memory Beam Erase Mode which erases the events of anyone who meets Flint and his friends.
- Rei Jinguji (神宮寺レイ Jingūji Rei ) / Jillian Gray
- Voiced by: Mami Nakajima (Japanese), Mari Devon (English)
- Chief of the Time Police. She sends Flint on his missions in time to retrieve the Time Shifters. Dr. Bernard Goodman has a crush on her and tries to get her to love him which doesn't work.
- Kyoichiro Narugami (鳴神京一郎 Narugami Kyōichirō ) / Merlock Holmes
- Voiced by: Kappei Yamaguchi (Japanese), Dave Mallow (English)
- Time-G (トキG Tokijī ) / Old Timer
- Voiced by: Katsumi Suzuki (Japanese), Kim Strauss (English)
- A Father Time-esque man who handles the Land of Time and watches Flint's adventure while riding a floating pig.
- Dark Lord (仮面の方 Kamen no Kata , masked man)
- Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Japanese), Tom Wyner (English)
- Petra Fina's boss and one of the main antagonists of the series who resides in the Land of Dread. He is a blue-haired, white-skinned man who wears a mask that made him powerful, faster, and enabled him to pull off magical abilities. He was the one responsible for scattering the Time Shifters across time following his attack on the Land of Time. He also turned four flowers into his Great Four. In the end, it turned out the Dark Lord was actually a young boy after Flint's attack was enough to knock off his mask. After the clock in the Land of Time was restarted, the Dark Lord returned to the Land of Dread.
- Akira Aino (愛野 瞳 Aino Akira ), also known as Time Pilfer Lady or T.P. Lady (TPレディ) / Petra Fina Dagmar / Ms. Iknow
- Voiced by: Yumi Touma (Japanese), Barbara Goodson (English)
- One of the main antagonists of the series. Petra Fina is an enemy of the Time Police wanted for stealing and messing up time and space. She allied herself with the Dark Lord out of having a "school-girl" infatuation with him. Though she eventually realized too late she was a pawn. When not on missions given to her, she takes the form of Ms. Iknow, a strict teacher of Flint, Sarah, and Tony's class. By the finale, she had a temporary truce with the heroes that only lasted until the Dark Lord was defeated. After that, Flint and the other heroes pursue Petra Fina through the timeline.
- Mr. Dino / Dino Fishman (ダイナ Daina )
- Voiced by: Yuji Ueda (Japanese), Lex Lang (English)
- An experimental eel who was freed from the lab he was in and made humanoid by Petra Fina. He serves as one of her lackies. When not on missions, he takes the form of a teacher named Mr. Dino.
- Principal Mite / Mite (マイト Maito )
- Voiced by: Chafurin (Japanese), David Lodge (English)
- An experimental frog who was freed from the lab he was in, and made humanoid by Petra Fina. He serves as one of her lackies. When not on missions, he takes the form of Principal Mite.
The Great Four are Dark Lord's four strongest minions created from flowers. All except Super Ninja can transform into Con forms. In the finale, the four decided to revert to their original selves on their own.
- Super Ninja (ニオージャ Niōja )
- Voiced by: Wataru Takagi (Japanese), Tom Fahn (English)
- An Oriental-themed warrior who fights with a staff. He fought Flint on different occasions. He takes the form of a pin that Dark Lord sent to Petra Fina. He was eventually sent back to his master following his defeat in his fight with Mosbee-Master, Coconaut-Master, and Dipper-Master. He is patterned after the Nio.
- Uglinator (デスダス Desudasu )
- Voiced by: Takuma Suzuki (Japanese), Joe Ochman (English)
- A skull-type imp (with a chalk-white body, dark blue horns, red eyes and yellow fangs and nails) who first appeared in the form of Petra Fina's Petra-Stamp, which enabled her to turn any Time Shifter into her slave. His presence was soon revealed when he was awakened to replace Super Ninja and take over Petra Fina's group. He can head-butt Time Shifters for Petra Fina to control and can possess people (he once possessed Merlock). Uglinator-Con (スーパーデスダス Sūpā Desudasu ) resembles a larger version of himself and can shoot beams in the ground which summons skeletons that obey his every command. In the original Japanese version, he ends his sentences with "-dasu".
- Nascal (ナスカル Nasukaru )
- Voiced by: Sachiko Sugawara (Japanese), Joe Ochman (English)
- Ominito (ゲラ Gera )
- Voiced by: Mitsuo Iwata (Japanese), Michael Sorich (English)
- A mushroom-type creature who uses video game-based attacks to prevent Flint, Dino, and Mite from reaching Petra Fina. In battle, he attacks with mushrooms where one of them had mushrooms that became evil versions of Flint's friends. Ominito-Con resembles an upside-down mushroom.
Time Shifters (時空モンスター Jikū Monsutā , Space-Time Monster, usually shortened as Jikūmon (時空モン)) are creatures that help the Old Timer to run the Land of Time until the Dark Lord came and scattered most of them across time and space. Each one has its own special powers and can transform into Con forms (バッド変化 baddo henka , bad transformation) or Master forms (スーパー変身 sūpā henshin , super transformation). Most of the Time Shifters' Master forms have a humanoid appearance (notable exceptions are Lynx and Unita), whereas their Con forms have a demonic appearance.
- Getalong (ラブラブ Raburabu , "Lovelove")
- Voiced by: Mayuko Omimura (Japanese), Mona Marshall (English)
- A penguin and egg-shaped type Time Shifter who has a love beam that makes people "get along". Found in the Stone Age where she first met Flint Hammerhead. Getalong is the only one that has neither Con nor Master forms shown within the series. At the end of the series, she was the only Shifter to stay with Flint and the others instead of going back to the Land Of Time.
- Jitterbug (ハニハニ Hanihani , "Honey-Honey")
- Voiced by: Philece Sampler
- Eldora (エルドラ Erudora )
- Voiced by: Melodee Spevack
- A winged snake-type Time Shifter who can turn anything to gold. Eldora-Con (ワルドラ Warudora ) is a dragon-like creature protruding from a jewelry box that can perform the Petra-Blast attack. Eldora-Master (スーパーエルドラ Sūpā Erudora ) is a humanoid version of herself that can fire gold-colored blinding beams. Found in Latin America (16th century) when the Spanish invaded. The only character who introduced in this time is Lucas.
- Talen (テイルン Teirun )
- Voiced by: Laura Summer
- A shy, fox-like Time Shifter (holding a Fatsia fan) that can enter any story books. Talen-Con (ワルルン Warurun ), which takes the form of a pink ball of fur with a fox-like oni mask, had five tails that it stood on and can use them to perform the Petra-Spike attack. Talen-Master (スーパーテイルン Sūpā Teirun ) is a yamabushi-themed humanoid fox. She was found in Edo-era Japan (794 AD) with Murasaki Shikibu.
- Mosbee (モスビー Mosubī )
- Voiced by: Kappei Yamaguchi (Japanese), Brianne Siddall (English)
- An elephant head-type Time Shifter that can freeze anything (whatever form he was in). Mosbee-Con (ワルビー Warubī ) is a real woolly mammoth and has a club attached to his trunk which fires the Petra-Freeze attack. Mosbee-Master (スーパーモスビー Sūpā Mosubī ) is a humanoid mammoth whose can freeze anything from his ears. One similarity between his Con and Master forms is the fact in both his trunk is above his eyes. Mosbee is also the brother of Dipper. He was found in Russia (1812) when Napoleon Bonaparte invaded the country.
- Coconaut (ココロン Kokoron )
- Voiced by: Dave Mallow
- A Time-Shifter that can tell if people are right or wrong and control weather. Coconaut-Con (ワルココロン Waru Kokoron ), which takes the form of an egg-shaped yellow fish with a skull face, can call upon a deadly storm and shoot water from its mouth. Coconaut-Master (スーパーココロン Sūpā Kokoron ) looks more "advanced", with a fish-like water gun for a left arm to perform the Tidal Wave attack. Found by Christopher Columbus in 1492 AD, somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Bubblegum (タネガン Tanegan )
- Voiced by: Doug Erholtz
- A Time Shifter that can shoot bubbles. Bubblegum-Con (ワルガン Warugan ) is a hermit crab who can trap people inside his shell and uses the Petra-Fire attack. Bubblegum-Master (スーパータネガン Sūpā Tanegan ) is a humanoid robot with machine guns for both arms which he uses to shoot stinging bubbles. His Japanese name is a play on dangan (弾丸, bullet). Found in Edo-era Japan (1582) with Nobunaga Oda.
- Lynx (スフィン Sufin )
- Voiced by: Michael Sorich
- A Sphinx-type Time Shifter who's good at riddles. The snake head on Lynx's crown can also talk. Lynx-Con (ワルフィン Warufin ) looks similar to a sarcophagus that can split in half. Lynx-Master (スーパースフィン Sūpā Sufin ) is depicted as a wemic with the helmet of a pharaoh that was only shown as an image in Dr. Goodman's computer. He was found in Ancient Egypt (323 BC), where Petra Fina captured him first and used his power to turn her into a queen.
- Artie (ホルルン Horurun )
- Voiced by: Melodee Spevack
- A bird-like Time Shifter that can bring drawings to life. Artie-Con (ワルホルルン Waru Horurun ), a vulture-like creature, has a long, sharp drill-like beak that can Petra-Drill into almost anything. Artie-Master (スーパーホルルン Sūpā Horurun ) can really fly and has super-strength. Found by a young Auguste Rodin.
- Batterball (ネッケツ Nekketsu , "hot-blooded" (熱血))
- Voiced by: Derek Stephen Prince
- A baseball-themed Time Shifter who looks like a catcher's mitt, helping Babe Ruth when he was a kid. He can turn anything into a baseball and can hit fast balls at his opponents, no matter what his form was. Batterball-Con (レイケツ Reiketsu , "cold-blooded" (冷血)) looks like a four-armed umpire with a left arm for a head and neck who can throw baseballs at very fast speeds. Batterball-Master (スーパーネッケツ Sūpā Nekketsu ) resembles a baseball player who is equipped with a bat that can hit flaming home runs. Found by Babe Ruth in his hometown of Baltimore in the year 1906.
- Bindi (アンモン Anmon )
- Voiced by: Rika Wakusawa (Japanese), Melissa Fahn (English)
- An Ammonite-like Time Shifter that give or take life force; she became Merlock's partner. She has feelings for him, which often take the form of being jealous when he seems to be paying more attention to someone or something else besides her. While she seems self-obsessed, it really comes from a deep-hidden fear of being alone and seen as a monster because of her abilities. Bindi-Con (アンコーク Ankōku , "darkness" (暗黒)), another hermit crab-like monster, can drain the life force of her enemies and use this advantage to become stronger. Bindi-Master (スーパーアンモン Sūpā Anmon ) is an angel-like fairy. Found in Transylvania by Vlad III Dracula. At the end of the series, Bindi chooses to remain Merlock's partner instead of returning to the Land of Time.
- Elfin (オモチャン Omochan )
- Voiced by: Kim Strauss
- A Santa Claus-themed Time Shifter who can turn anything into a toy. Elfin-Con (ワルチャン Waruchan ) took on a form of a centauroid reindeer with a skull-like head, summoning large, warlike toys. Elfin-Master (スーパーオモチャン Sūpā Omochan ) is a "super-powered" version of himself who is only shown on Dr. Goodman's computer. Found in 1651 in Paris, France.
- The Cardians (レッドマン Reddoman , "Redman")
- Blademan Voiced by: Bob Papenbrook
- Thud Voiced by: Richard Cansino
- Arrowman Voiced by: Greg Berg
- Snapper Voiced by: Rika Wakusawa (Japanese), Mona Marshall (English)
- A group of playing card-themed Time Shifters made up of Blademan the Swordsman, Thud the All-Powerful, Arrowman the Archer, and Snapper the Camera Whiz. They are modeled on The Three Musketeers and J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai. The four can merge while transforming into their powered forms. Cardian-Con (アクマン Akuman ), a centipede monster, looks similar to a jester-like Grim Reaper with the four faces on its different segments. Cardian-Master (スーパーレッドマン Sūpā Reddoman ) on the other hand is a knight equipped with a sword and shield. Found in 2000 during Dr. Goodman's teenage time in Tokyo.
- Plumella (モナリス Monarisu )
- Voiced by: Tifanie Christun
- A squirrel-like Time Shifter that can trap anyone in their self-portraits. Plumella-Con (ワルリス Warurisu ), who has large hands for ears, cannot only use the Petra-Bash, but she can also trap her opponents in paint goo. Her Japanese name is a play on the Mona Lisa painting and risu (栗鼠, squirrel). She was found in the time of Leonardo da Vinci (just before he begins painting the Mona Lisa).
- Wing (ウィング Wingu )
- Voiced by: Anna Garduno
- A propeller monoplane/bird-like Time Shifter that can put wings on anyone. Wing-Con (ワルイング Waruingu ) is a vulture-like flying fortress that attacks with flying propellers and darts. As Wing-Master (ジェットン Jetton ), he becomes similar to a jet aircraft flying at great speeds and can be ridden by anyone. He was found in the care of the young Wright Brothers.
- Moah (モアイワ Moaiwa )
- A Moai-type Time Shifter who is the biggest of the Shifters. Moah-Con (ワルイワ Waruiwa ) is a giant, floating Moai statue with hands which shoots magma and can even cause volcanic eruptions. Moah-Master (スーパーモアイワ Sūpā Moaiwa ) is a giant humanoid golem who can communicate with the giant stone "Moai" to prevent a tidal wave using a seawall of Moai statues. He was found in the Pacific on what is now Easter Island.
- Elekin (エレキン Elekin )
- Voiced by: Derek Stephen Prince
- An Elekiter-type Time Shifter with power over electricity. Elekin-Con (ワルキン Warukin ) can attack with electric shocks. Elekin-Master (スーパーエレキン Sūpā Erekin ) is bigger than his normal self (save for the addition of two arms and two legs like a real human) which looks like and is modeled on giant robots like Voltes V and Daimos. He was found in Edo-era Japan with Hiraga Gennai.
- Muscles (マスルン Masurun )
- A Time Shifter that can make anyone strong by simply touching them. He looks similar to a dumbbell in his normal form. Muscles-Con (ワルスル Warusuru ) can attack people (especially Flint) with heavy, metallic balls and tie people up with ropes. The gladiator-like Muscles-Master (スーパーマスルン Sūpā Masurun ) has enormous strength. He was found in Ancient Greece in the year 4 BC with a runner named Damon.
- Unita (ユニータ Yunīta )
- Voiced by: Joshua Seth
- A telepathic Time Shifter that looks like a winged unicorn. As Old Timer's aid, he travels through time and space without any mechanical assistance. He is always shown in his Master form (Sūpā Yunīta (スーパーユニータ)) which is a flying white unicorn. Unita-Con (ワルファー Warufā ) is a fiery, flying black unicorn that can breathe fire. He was found in the Grand Canyon in an unknown period.
- Raldo (ラルド Rarudo )
- Voiced by: Asami Nakajima (Japanese), Richard Cansino (English)
- A turtle-like Time Shifter that can trap anyone in his shell. Raldo-Con (ワルラルド Waru Rarudo ) can shoot crystal spikes from his shell and can turn into a large rolling ball of crystal spikes. Raldo can also transform into Raldo-Master (スーパーラルド Sūpā Rarudo ) who resembles a humanoid turtle knight who can freeze any enemy with his Raldo-Freeze. He was found in the time of Petra Fina's childhood.
- Leafy (リーフィー Rīfī )
- Voiced by: Tom Fahn
- Time Shifter that has power over plants. Leafy-Con (ワルリュー Waruryū ) is a cross between a rose and a Western dragon that can breathe fire and her head is hard like diamonds. She also can turn into Leafy-Master (スーパーリーフィー Sūpā Rīfī ) which looks like a pink flower and attacks with pollen. Found in the time of young King Arthur.
- Monk (ボウザン Bouzan )
- Voiced by: Brian Donovan
- Nightcap (グースー Gūsū )
- Musey (ミュージー Myūjī )
- Voiced by: Wendee Lee
- A Time Shifter who resembles an eighth note symbol with a mouth of a bugle that can recognize beautiful music and can use it to overpower any person's emotions. Musey-Con (ワルミュージー Waru Myūjī ) is a frog-like creature equipped with a pipe organ, using ultrasonic attacks. Musey-Master (スーパーミュージー Sūpā Myūjī ) looks similar to a conductor that can wrap his enemies in sheet music. Found in the time of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and young Ludwig van Beethoven.
- Change (コゼニー Kozenī )
- Voiced by: Steven Blum
- A Time Shifter that looks like a walking purse. He can hypnotize people using the persuasion of wealth. It can make real money by eating takoyaki. Change-Con (ワルゼニー Waruzenī ), a dimetrodon monster which is bigger and has spikes all over his body, can shoot gold bullions. Found in Edo-era Japan with Kinokuniya Bunzaemon.
- Bugsy (ムッシュー Musshū )
- A caterpillar-type Time Shifter that can turn anyone into an insect by looking at them through his magnifying glass. Bugsy-Con (ワルムッシュー Waru Musshū ) is a moth/praying mantis-like creature that attacks with sickle-like arms and a morphing ray. Found in the period of a young Jean Henri Fabre (voiced by Derek Stephen Prince).
- Dipper (ジャバ Jaba )
- Voiced by: Wendee Lee
- An elephant-type Time Shifter and brother of Mosbee. He can locate water. As Dipper-Con (ワルムジャバ Waru Jaba ), he can shoot fire from his trunk. As Dipper-Master (スーパージャバ Sūpā Jaba ), he also shoots fire but from his hands. Both of Dipper's evolved forms bear some resemblance to his brother's. Found by Marco Polo.
- Knuckle (ナックル Nakkuru )
- Voiced by: Kirk Thornton
- Doron (ドロン)
- Voiced by: Brianne Siddall
- Shadow (カゲニン Kagenin )
- Orbit (コメット Kometto )
- Voiced by: Wendee Lee
- Star-type Time Shifter who has the power of encouragement, the only missing Time Shifter not to be found in any period as Flint, Dino, and Mite came across her while on a mission to rescue Petra Fina from Dark Lord. Orbit-Con (ワルコメット Waru Kometto ) has a tank-like bottom with cannons that can break through walls. Orbit-Master (スーパーコメット Sūpā Kometto ) is a humanoid version of herself.
|No.||Title||Original air date||English air date|
"Ishi Ishi Uhhō!" (イシイシウッホー!)
|October 1, 1998||March 5, 2000|
|The first episode of the series where Petra-Fina and the gang arrived from the Stone Age year and tries to capture the first time-shifter named Getalong, and there they meet the prehistoric caveboy named Flint Hammerhead and his father Rocky Hammerhead (in human form).|
"Yamataikoku de Hanihani?" (邪馬台国でハニハニ?)
|October 8, 1998||March 5, 2000|
|This is the first mission of Flint, Sara and Tony as time detectives. The team had to go back to A.D. 2nd (early year of Japan) to retrieve and rescue Jitterbug and of course to help Queen Himiko and her sister Nashimi to return to their duties as a servant after Petra-Fina and her gang overthrowned them and take them as prisoners.|
"Ōgontoshi ha Kinkirakīn!" (黄金都市はキンキラキーン!)
|October 15, 1998||March 12, 2000|
|The time detectives had to go thru the year 794 A.D. to rescue the time shifter named "Eldora". But upon traveling, they were been captured by the European explorers (in golden armor), and ended up as a prisoners. In help of the leader's only son named "Lucas" they've escaped and now they have to help the ancient Incan's to return to their village and to prevent further wars from the explorers which is actually under Petra-Fina's spell.|
"Kaguya-hime Gamatsu Teirun" (かぐや姫がまっテイルン?)
|October 22, 1998||March 12, 2000|
"Hiehie Mosubī" (ひえひえモスビー)
|October 29, 1998||March 19, 2000|
"Shintairiku ha Kokoron" (新大陸はココロン)
|November 5, 1998||March 19, 2000|
|The time detectives had to go back to the year 1492 to look for the time shifter named "Coconaut", which he is in the possession of the famous explorer Christopher Columbus.|
"Tanegan de Tenkatori" (タネガンで天下取り)
|November 12, 1998||March 26, 2000|
"Sufin no Nazonazo?" (スフィンのなぞなぞ?)
|November 19, 1998||March 26, 2000|
"Rakugaki Horurun" (らくがきホルルン)
|November 26, 1998||April 1, 2000|
"Raburabu Rapusodī" (ラブラブラプソディー)
|December 3, 1998||April 8, 2000|
|Pursuing to get the time shifter "Getalong" from the time detectives and use her power to be married to the Dark Lord, Petra Fina and her henchman set up a trap for Flint, Sara, and Tony in Baghdad in the year 1539 in order to look for the anonymous time shifter, and there they fall for it, will they succeeded to defend Getalong from Petra Fina?|
"Moero! Nekketsu" (燃えろ!ネッケツ)
|December 10, 1998||April 15, 2000|
"Anmon tte Nanimon?" (アンモンってナニモン?)
|December 17, 1998||April 22, 2000|
|The time detectives had to go back to 15th century in Transylvania to retrieve another time shifter named "Bindi" which she is in the possession of Count Vlad Dracula or just simply Count Dracula, which his fellow people in his villagers believed that he is actually a vampire. Upon meeting with the count, the mysterious guy who helped Sara in some episodes, revealed his identity as Merlock Holmes of the time bureau and assigned as undercover detective to observe Flint Hammerhead in his missions. In the end of this episode, Bindi choose to side with Merlock because of her faith to him and also because Flint already sees that she wants to go with Merlock rather than their team.|
"Omochan no Kurisumasu" (オモチャンのクリスマス)
|December 24, 1998||December 17, 2000|
|14||"Miss Iknow Makes a House Call"
"Hōmon Redi ha TP Redi" (訪問レディはTPレディ?)
|December 31, 1998||April 29, 2000|
|In the forms of Ms. Iknow, Mr. Dino, and Principal Mite, Petra Fina, Dino, and Mite try to convince Dr. Goodman that the Time Shifters would not be good at home with him. Meanwhile, Merlock meets with Jillian Gray.|
"Hīrō ha Reddoman" (ヒーローはレッドマン)
|January 7, 1999||May 6, 2000|
|The time detectives had to go back in the year 2000, where they have to find the group of Time Shifters named The Cardians. But upon reaching the timeline, Sara and Tony surprised that the time they've gone to is the time when their uncle (Dr. Goodman) is a teenager and likes to smoke a lot and that explains why he doesn't have a girlfriend up to now.|
"Monarisu no Hohoemi" (モナリスのほほえみ)
|January 14, 1999||May 13, 2000|
"Tobe! Tobe! Wingu" (とべ!とべ!ウイング)
|January 21, 1999||May 20, 2000|
"Sūpābijo Anmon" (スーパー美女・アンモン)
|January 28, 1999||June 3, 2000|
|After Bindi runs away from Merlock upon being neglected, Petra Fina captures Bindi and manages to get Bindi under her control. Now Merlock and Flint must rescue Bindi from Petra Fina's control.|
"Daimajin Moaiwa" (大魔神モアイワ)
|February 4, 1999||June 10, 2000|
"Erekin no Sūpā Robotto Taiketsu" (エレキンのスーパーロボット対決)
|February 11, 1999||June 17, 2000|
"Orinpikku ni Shutsu Masurun?" (オリンピックに出マスルン?)
|February 18, 1999||June 24, 2000|
|22||"Rocky in Love"
"Gekitotsu! Genshi VS Ototan" (激突!ゲンシVSオトタン)
|February 25, 1999||July 1, 2000|
|Its Sunday, the Goodman residence had a general clean up for their homes, all of the time shifters helped them (except Moah, which he is really big). Petra-Fina (in the form of Ms. IKnow) plans to capture the time shifters from Dr. Goodman's possession in order to give all of them to Dark Lord, by using or dating Flint's dad Rocky Hammerhead. After Flint and his friends realized that his dad is gone, they had to go to the city to go and look for him. Meanwhile, Merlock and Bindi sees Rocky that he is dating with Ms. IKnow, so he had to tell to Sara that Rocky and Ms. IKnow are dating only and they have to watch them secretly to find out if Ms. IKnow has feelings to Flint's dad or just using him as her guinea pig.|
|23||"Enter the Unicorn"
"Toki no Kuni no Yunīta" (時の国のユニータ)
|March 4, 1999||July 8, 2000|
|Flint, Sarah, and Tony arrive in the Grand Canyon when pursuing Unita-Master. A fight between Flint and Petra Fina's group lands them in the Land of Time where Flint has his first encounter with the Old Timer.|
"TP Redi no Baddo Henka?" (TPレディのバッド変化?)
|March 11, 1999||July 15, 2000|
|After being lost in time following the incident in the last episode, Petra Fina, Dino, and Mite are apprehended by the Time Police. When Petra Fina, Dino, and Mite make an escape during interrogation, Dino and Mite capture Dr. Goodman as Petra Fina receives an assignment from Dark Lord to search for Raldo. The time period that Raldo is in happens to be Petra Fina's childhood.|
"Rīfī no Mahō no Mori" (リーフィーの魔法の森)
|March 18, 1999||July 22, 2000|
"Ubawareta Ototan" (うばわれたオトタン)
|March 25, 1999||July 29, 2000|
"Anderusen no Gūsū Monogatari?" (アンデルセンのグースー物語?)
|April 1, 1999||August 6, 2000|
"Unmei no Myūjī" (運命のミュージー)
|April 8, 1999||August 20, 2000|
"Kozenī de mō karimakka?" (コゼニーでもうかりまっか?)
|April 15, 1999||August 25, 2000|
|30||"Snug as a Bug"
"Mushimushi Musshū" (むしむしムッシュー)
|April 22, 1999||September 1, 2000|
"Arashi wo Yobu Jaba!" (嵐を呼ぶジャバ!)
|April 29, 1999||September 8, 2000|
"Kyōchirō no Baddo Henka!" (京一郎のバッド変化!)
|May 6, 1999||September 15, 2000|
|Dark Lord sends Uglinator in the form of the Petra Stamp to Petra Fina in order to make up for Super Ninja's defeat. Uglinator takes control of a school full of children in order to capture Flint and Merlock so that they can fight for his entertainment.|
"Moeyo Nakkuru Ikari no Tekken" (燃えよナックル怒りの鉄拳)
|May 13, 1999||September 22, 2000|
"Doron to Hatsumeiō" (ドロンと発明王)
|May 20, 1999||September 29, 2000|
"Musashi tai Kagenin" (武蔵対カゲニン)
|May 27, 1999||October 6, 2000|
|36||"The Land of Dread"
"Yomi no Kuni no Nasukaru" (ヨミの国のナスカル)
|June 3, 1999||October 15, 2000|
"Gēmu Masutā Gera" (ゲームマスター・ゲラ)
|June 10, 1999||October 22, 2000|
"Jikan no Kuni no Daikessen!" (時間の国の大決戦!)
|June 17, 1999||October 29, 2000|
|Right after Flint and the others was been captured and imprisoned by the Dark Lord, its up to Dr. Goodman, Sara, and Tony to rescue them, even if they face more disaster, danger and traps laid and prepared by the Dark Lord.|
|39||"Time of Darkness"
"Jikū no Kanata He" (時空の彼方へ)
|June 24, 1999||November 5, 2000|
|The last episode of this series. Picked-up from the last episode, Flint had to faced more danger and have to defend the world from Dark Lord's reign, and to defend the darkness, grieve, and evil to lurks from every man and woman in the world. WIll Flint and his friends be succedded to do this? Or he will failed?|
Saban Entertainment licensed & did the English adaptation for Flint, which is very different from the original Japanese version.
All the original Japanese music score is replaced with a new American-made soundtrack; all the sound effects are changed as well. Traditional Japanese cultural music is heard in the American dub, but because the music and sound effects are changed, it sounds a lot different in the dub than in the original Japanese version.
All the dialogue is completely changed and rewritten to be a lot different from that of the original Japanese dialogue, in which puns, jokes, and humor are added. Even though the character names are changed to more Americanized full names, the setting of the country is still kept as in Japan, and much of the Japanese culture are kept as well as much of the Japanese text, left out untouched and untranslated. In the Japanese version, many Time Shifters say only their own names (Bindi and Lynx can speak fluently), whereas in the English version they are capable of speaking in English.
Openings and Endings
- The Power of Feelings (パワーなきもち)
- If... (もしも…) (1-14)
- Glitter (きらきら) (15-26)
- My Sign (僕のシルシ) (27-38)
- Beyond the Time and Space (時空の彼方へ) (39)
- Yukiji as Genshi-kun
- Nana Mizuki as Sora Yamato
- Chiaki Morita as Tokio Yamato
- Chinami Nishimura as Puu-chan
- Katsumi Suzuki as Time-G
- Kappei Yamaguchi as Kyoichiro Narugami
- Yumi Touma as T.P. Lady/Akira Aino
- Toshiyuki Morikawa as Masked Man/Dark Lord
- Wataru Takagi as Nioja
- Sachiko Sugawara as Nascal
- Mitsuo Iwata as Gera
- Takuma Suzuki as Desudasu
- R. Martin Klein - Flint Hammerhead
- Bob Papenbrook - Rocky Hammerhead, Blademan of The Cardians
- Greg Berg - Pterry, Arrowman of the Cardians
- Steven Blum - Change, Hans Christian Andersen (ep. 27)
- Richard Cansino - Bernard Goodman, Thud of the Cardians, Raldo
- Tifanie Christun - Sarah Goodman, Plumella
- Brian Donovan - Tony Goodman, Monk
- Mari Devon - Jillian Gray
- Melissa Fahn - Bindi
- Tom Fahn - Leafy, Hiraga Gennai (ep. 20), Super Ninja
- Anna Garduno - Wing
- Barbara Goodson - Petra Fina Dagmar/Ms. Iknow
- Lex Lang - Dino/Mr. Dino
- David Lodge - Mite/Principal Mite
- Wendee Lee - Dipper, Orbit, Nashimi (ep. 2)
- Dave Mallow - Merlock Holmes, Coconaut
- Mona Marshall - Getalong, Snapper of The Cardians
- Joe Ochman - Nascal, Uglinator
- Derek Stephen Prince - Batterball, Elekin, Young Orville Wright (ep. 17), Jean Henri Fabre (ep. 30)
- Philece Sampler - Jitterbug, Queen Himiko (ep. 2)
- Joshua Seth - Unita (Basic Form)
- Brianne Siddall - Mosbee, Doron
- Michael Sorich - Lynx, Ominito, Young Babe Ruth (ep. 11)
- Melodee Spevack - Eldora, Artie
- Kim Strauss - The Old Timer, Elfin
- Laura Summer - Talen, Young Petra Fina (ep. 24)
- Tom Wyner - Dark Lord
- Doug Erholtz - Lucas (ep. 3), Auguste Rodin (ep. 9), Bubblegum
- Michael Lindsay - Young Wilbur Right (ep. 17), Thomas Edison (ep. 34)
- Colleen O'Shaughnessey - Murasaki Shikibu (ep. 4)
- Michael Reisz - Bruce Lee (ep. 33)
- Dave Wittenberg - Young King Arthur (ep. 25), Marco Polo (ep. 31)
- Kirk Thornton - Bruce Lee (ep. 33), Knuckle
- Richard Epcar - Voice Director
- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn - Voice Director
- Michael Sorich - Voice Director