Francesca von Habsburg
Francesca promoting a 'Tibet event', in Vienna, Austria, on 2012-05-26.
|Spouse||Archduke Karl of Austria|
|Father||Baron Hans Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza|
|Mother||Fiona Frances Elaine Campbell-Walter|
7 June 1958 |
HI&RH Archduke Karl
She was born as Francesca Anne Dolores Freiin Thyssen-Bornemisza de Kászon et Impérfalva in Lausanne the daughter of Baron Hans Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza and his third wife, fashion model Fiona Frances Elaine Campbell-Walter. She was educated at Le Rosey in Switzerland and at the age of eighteen attended Saint Martin's School of Art but left after two years. After leaving the college she worked as an actress, singer and model Her partying lifestyle in London in the 1980s earned her reputation as an It girl. For the ten years after she left Saint Martin's college she lived in England, New York and Los Angeles before moving to Lugano to become curator for her father's art collection.
Francesca is now a leading figure in the art world and regularly participates in the major biennales by commissioning new works of contemporary art through her foundation called Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary which she founded in 2002 in Vienna Austria. and has built up her own art collection with over four hundred pieces of contemporary video and digital art. The website of the foundation is www.tba21.org. Since 2012, TBA21 has a new exhibition space in Vienna's second district, more precisely in a public park called Augarten. The exhibition space was therefore renamed Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary–Augarten. It exhibits works from the collection in thematic exhibitions twice a year. The Foundation also organises exhibitions of its collection world wide.
- Archduchess Eleonore of Austria (born 28 February 1994)
- Archduke Ferdinand Zvonimir of Austria (born 21 June 1997)
- Archduchess Gloria of Austria (born 15 October 1999), whose godparents are Gloria, Princess of Thurn and Taxis, and Hereditary Prince Heinrich of Sayn-Wittgenstein. 
Francesca and Karl have been amicably separated since 2003.
Considering this separation, Karl's sister, Archduchess Gabriella, assumes, since their mother Regina's death in 2010, the rank of Grand Mistress of the Order of the Starry Cross that Francesca would normally have assumed otherwise. 
|Ancestors of Francesca von Habsburg|
- Enache, Nicolas (1999). La Descendance de Marie-Therese de Habsburg Reine de Hongrie et de Boheme. Paris: L'Intermediaire des Chercheurs et Curieux. pp. 44, 50. ISBN 2-908003-04-X.
- Byrnes, Sholto (2006-06-18). "Francesca von Habsburg: The It-girl who became an empress". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-02-22.
- Paco Barragán ([n.d.]). Interview with Francesca von Habsburg. ArtPulse Magazine. Accessed August 2013.
- Milner, Catherine (2006-05-13). "'It's like an invasion - without rape and pillage'". Daily Telegraph. p. 1. Retrieved 2008-02-22.
- Milner, Catherine (2006-05-13). "'It's like an invasion - without rape and pillage'". Daily Telegraph. p. 2. Retrieved 2008-02-22.
- Euro Weekly News
- "Royal godparents and godchildren".
- Archdiocese of Vienna - " Oberste Schutzfrau: Gabriela Habsburg-Lothringen "
- Sancrucensis, blog article about the Order and its Grand Mistress
- Jamaica Gleaner
- Francesca von Habsburg at the Internet Movie Database
- We Are Not a Muse
- Ancestors of Baroness Francesca Anne Thyssen-Bornemisza de Kaszon
- Ancestors of Archduchess Eleonore of Austria
- Ancestors of Archduke Ferdinand of Austria
- Ancestors of Archduchess Gloria of Austria
- Marek, Miroslav. "Thyssen-Bornemissza de Kászon et Impérfalva Family". Genealogy.EU.
Francesca von HabsburgBorn: 7 June 1958
|Titles in pretence|
Title last held byRegina of Saxe-Meiningen
|— TITULAR —
Empress consort of Austria
Queen consort of Hungary and Bohemia
4 July 2011 –