Gabrielle Zevin at the 2013 Texas Book Festival.
October 24, 1977
|Notable works||Elsewhere, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac|
Gabrielle Zevin (born October 24, 1977, New York City) is an American author and screenwriter. She graduated from Harvard in 2000 with a degree in English & American Literature and lives in Los Angeles.
Zevin's first writing job was as a teen music critic for her local newspaper. Her first novel Elsewhere was published in 2005. It was nominated for a 2006 Quill award, won the Borders Original Voices Award, and was a selection of the Barnes & Noble Book Club. It also made the Carnegie long list. The book has been translated into over twenty languages.
In 2007 Zevin was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay for Conversations with Other Women which starred Helena Bonham Carter and Aaron Eckhart and was also directed by Hans Canosa.
In 2014, her eighth novel, The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry, debuted on the New York Times Best Seller List.
- Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac (novel) (2007)
- Elsewhere (2005)
Anya Balanchine Series
- In the Age of Love and Chocolate (2013)
- Because It Is My Blood (2012)
- All These Things I've Done (2011)
Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac has been made into a Japanese live-action movie
- Gabrielle Zevin's Official Website
- Gabrielle Zevin at The Internet Movie Database
- Farrar Straus Giroux's Elsewhere website
- Teenreads Author Profile
- Barnes & Noble's Meet the Writers profile
- The New York Times Book Review of Elsewhere
- "Interview: Gabrielle Zevin" Teenreads.com Interview about Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac, 09/07
- "Interview: Gabrielle Zevin" Teenreads.com Interview about Elsewhere, 09/30/05
- "Interview: Gabrielle Zevin" Bildungsroman, 1/28/08
- "Interview: Gabrielle Zevin" Estella's Revenge, 9/1/07
- "Seven Impossible Interviews Before Breakfast #55 (Winter Blog Blast Tour Edition): Gabrielle Zevin" Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast, 11/9/07
|This article about a novelist of the United States born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|