Greatest Hits: Live in Amsterdam
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2007)|
|Greatest Hits: Live in Amsterdam|
|Video by Diana Ross and The Supremes|
|Released||December 16, 2006|
|Recorded||March 4, 1968 at Concertgebouw in Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Label||BR Music Holland|
|Diana Ross and The Supremes chronology|
Greatest Hits: Live in Amsterdam is a DVD by The Supremes released in 2006.
In 1968 Diana Ross and The Supremes (Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong) made a lengthy European tour, playing to capacity audiences at prestigious nightclubs and theatres across the continent. Many of these shows were filmed by the local television stations and broadcast as prime-time viewing. The format of the show changed slightly for each country, but was basically the same as the live LP released later that year, Live at London's Talk of the Town. The concert is a fast-paced mix of the group's biggest hits to date, as well as a collection of showtunes and standards in medley form.
- With a Song in My Heart
- Stranger in Paradise
- Wonderful! Wonderful!
- Unchained Melody
- Without a Song
- Hits Medley: "Stop! In the Name of Love" / "Come See About Me" / "My World Is Empty Without You" / "Baby Love"
- Queen of the House
- More (Theme from Mondo Cane)
- The Happening
- Michelle / Yesterday
- The Lady Is a Tramp / Let's Get Away from It All
- In and Out of Love
- Show Tune Medley: Thoroughly Modern Millie / Second Hand Rose / Mame
- Somewhere (from West Side Story)
- You're Nobody till Somebody Loves You
Filmed October 14, 1964 at the Koninklijk Theater Carré in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- The DVD cover incorrectly lists 'Unchained Melody' as 'All My Love'.
- The DVD cover omits "Without a Song" from the track listing
- Diana Ross, lead vocals
- Mary Wilson, background vocals
- Florence Ballard, background vocals
- Cindy Birdsong, Background vocals