The Supremes Live! In Japan
|The Supremes Live! In Japan|
|Live album by The Supremes|
|Released||1973 (Japan only)
October 31, 2004 (5000 copy limited reissue)
|Recorded||June 3, 1973 in Tokyo, Japan|
|The Supremes chronology|
The Supremes Live in Japan is a live album released by The Supremes in 1973, culled from a live performance recorded on June 3, 1973 at Shinjuku Koseinenkin Hall in Tokyo, Japan. It was issued exclusively in Japan and also distributed in Europe, and was not released in the United States until 2004.
The line-up at the time of the concert consisted of original Supreme Mary Wilson, lead vocalist Jean Terrell and Lynda Laurence. The album was slated for release, but due to internal conflicts within the group and the sudden departure of both Terrell and Laurence, Motown shelved the project. It was released in Japan, but then suddenly withdrawn. The cover of the original album was used instead for a UK-issued compilation album released in 1974, compiling the Supremes' singles from 1970-73.
- "T.C.B"/"Stop! In the Name of Love"
- "Stoned Love"
- "Can't Take My Eyes Off You"/"Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars"
- New Hit Medley:
- "Hit Medley:
- "Bad Weather"
- "Cherry Pie"
- "Tossin' and Turnin'"
- Jean Terrell: lead and backing vocals
- Mary Wilson: lead and backing vocals
- Lynda Laurence: backing vocals
- Kaname Tajima: Live recording producer
- Hideo Takada: Recording engineer
- Hajime Mizuno: Cover designer