Greatest Hits (1988 Kenny Rogers album)
|Greatest hits album by Kenny Rogers|
|Kenny Rogers chronology|
Greatest Hits is a 1988 compilation album by Kenny Rogers.
All of the tracks on the album were selected from his various recordings on the RCA Nashville label between 1983-87. There is one track that was not originally a single called "She's Ready for Someone to Love Her", which makes fully half of this greatest hits tracklist identical to the most recent 1987 album I Prefer the Moonlight.
One single that is notably missing is "Tomb of the Unknown Love" from 1985's The Heart of the Matter. The song was a #1 single in both the US and Canada.
- "Islands in the Stream" (With Dolly Parton) (Barry Gibb/Robin Gibb/Maurice Gibb) (4:08)
- "Crazy" (Richard Marx/Kenny Rogers) (3:40)
- "Buried Treasure" (B. Gibb, R. Gibb, M. Gibb) (4:08)
- "Twenty Years Ago" (Wood Newton/Michael Noble/Michael Spriggs/Dan Tyler) (3:44)
- "I Don't Call Him Daddy" (Reed Nielsen) (4:06)
- "I Prefer the Moonlight" (Gary Chapman/Mark Wright) (5:07)
- "The Factory" (Kev McGuire/Bud McGuire) (3:18)
- "She's Ready for Someone to Love Her" (Charlie Black/Jerry Gillespie/Tommy Rocco) (2:52)
- "Make No Mistake, She's Mine" (With Ronnie Milsap) (Kim Carnes) (3:54)
- "Morning Desire" (Dave Loggins) (4:08)
- Tracks 1, 3 from Eyes That See in the Dark (1983)
- Track 2 from What About Me? (1984)
- Track 4 from They Don't Make Them Like They Used To (1986)
- Tracks 5-9 from I Prefer the Moonlight (1987)
- Track 10 from The Heart of the Matter (1985)
|Chart (1988)||Peak position|
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||66|