||It has been suggested that this article be merged into crusties. (Discuss) Proposed since February 2012.|
A gutter punk is a homeless or transient individual who displays a variety of specific physical traits and characteristics that often, but not always, are associated with the punk subculture. Attributes may include unkempt dreadlocks, nose rings, mohawk hairstyles and spray-painted faces.
Gutter punks are generally characterized as being voluntarily unemployed in a "mainstream" sense. They are also known to some as "crusties", but most self-identified "gutter punks" will distinguish themselves from "crusties" and vice versa.
- The Decline of Western Civilization III: film about young homeless punks of Los Angeles in the late 1990s
- Punk subculture
- Crust punk
- Street punk
- Squeegee man
- Refusal of work
- "Ex-‘Gutter Punk' Tells All - The Daily Californian". Dailycal.org. Retrieved 2011-01-06.
- Glionna, John M. (29 My 2007). "There's not a lot of love in the Haight". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Punks invade Williamsburg as heroin-addicted hobos set up shop in trendy Brooklyn neighborhood". Nydailynews.com. 2009-07-14. Retrieved 2011-01-06.
- "MAKING IT WORK; Runaway Girl - New York Times". Nytimes.com. 1997-09-21. Retrieved 2011-01-06.