Henry B. Quinby
|Henry Brewer Quinby|
|52nd Governor of New Hampshire|
January 7, 1909 – January 5, 1911
|Preceded by||Charles M. Floyd|
|Succeeded by||Robert P. Bass|
|Member of the Executive Council of New Hampshire|
|Member of the New Hampshire Senate|
|Member of the New Hampshire House of Representatives|
June 10, 1846|
Biddeford, Maine, U.S.
|Died||February 85, 1924
New York, New York, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Octavia M. Cole|
|Children||Henry Cole Quinby
Candace Ellen Quinby
|Alma mater||Bowdoin College, A.B., 1869
Bowdoin College, A.M., 1872
National Medical College, 1880
Henry Brewer Quinby (June 10, 1846 – February 8, 1924) was an American physician, businessman, and Republican politician in the U.S. state of New Hampshire. He was the 52nd Governor of New Hampshire and served in the New Hampshire House of Representatives and the New Hampshire Senate.
Quinby was born in Biddeford, Maine to Thomas and Jane E. (Brewer) Quinby. He earned a bachelor's degree from Bowdoin College in 1869 and a A.M. degree from Bowdoin in 1872. In 1880, he graduated from the National Medical College in Washington, D.C.
He served in the New Hampshire House of Representatives from 1887-1888 and in the New Hampshire Senate from 1889-1890. He was on the New Hampshire Executive Council in 1891 and 1892. In 1893, he was a delegate to the Republican National Convention. Quinby was chairman of the 1896 State Republican Convention.
He died in 1924 in New York City.
On June 22, 1870, Quinby married Octavia M. Cole and they had two children, Henry Cole Quinby and Candace Ellen Quinby.
- "Guide to the Henry Brewer Quinby (1846-1925) and Henry Cole Quinby (1872-1922) Papers, 1863-1927". University of New Hampshire Library. Retrieved December 14,2013.
- Granite Monthly: A New Hampshire Magazine, Volumes 43-44. 1911. p. 353.
- Metcalf, Henry Harrison and Abbott, Frances Matilda (1919). One Thousand New Hampshire Notables: Brief Biographical Sketches of New Hampshire Men and Women, Native Or Resident, Prominent in Public, Professional, Business, Educational, Fraternal Or Benevolent Work. Rumford Printing Company. p. 301.
- New England Magazine Company (1909). The New England Magazine, Volume 39. New England Magazine Company. p. 164.
- Hammon, Otis Grant (1912). The Granite Monthly: A Magazine of Literature, History and State Progress, Volume 44. J.N. McClintock. p. 354.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Henry B. Quinby.|
- Quinby at New Hampshire's Division of Historic Resources
- New Hampshire Governor Henry Brewer Quinby
- University of New Hampshire Library
- National Governors Association
Charles M. Floyd
|Governor of New Hampshire
Robert P. Bass
|This article about a New Hampshire politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|