|Single by Nelly|
|from the album M.O.|
|Released||February 19, 2013
(see release history)
|Writer(s)||Cornell, Haynes, Jr., Justin Franks, David Glass, Breyan Isaac, Harrison Kipner|
|Producer(s)||DJ Frank E|
|Nelly singles chronology|
"Hey Porsche" is a song by American rapper Nelly, released as the lead single from his seventh studio album M.O. (2013). The song's music video, directed by Ethan Lader and featuring a vintage Porsche 356A convertible, was released on March 1, 2013. The song has peaked at number forty-two on the Billboard Hot 100. Internationally, "Hey Porsche" peaked within the top ten of the charts in Australia, Austria, Ireland, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
Robert Copsey of Digital Spy gave the song a negative review, stating:
The genre in question is the ultra-radio-friendly-light-R&B-dance one that has already reached the darkest corners of the planet courtesy of Flo Rida. "Come and let me slide under so I can work on you," he tells his car/mistress over guitar strums synthesised to within an inch of their life. The result might be an easy smash, but it won't leave a lasting impression. .
Drew Millard of the blog Noisey gave the song a positive review stating:
There is no way to get around it; this is an unabashed pop-country song and it's done with the skill and precision of someone who's been making skilled and precise pop-rap since before most of us hit puberty. Reaction to the song has been mixed, at best. Duncan Cooper at Fader started his blog post on it by saying, "This is not a good song," and then goes on to write a fairly comprehensive paragraph on the song anyway. Meanwhile on Noisey's British side, Ryan Bassil called it "terrible" and "amazing" in the span of two sentences. He's only half right, because "Hey Porsche" is nothing short of stunning, and if you don't fully understand that you are on the losing side of the culture war that is engulfing America. It's Wendesday, and I'm already prepared to crown this the Best Thing I Heard This Week. .
- Digital download
- "Hey Porsche" – 3:29
Charts and certifications
|United States||February 19, 2013||Digital download||Universal Motown, Derrty Ent.|
- Nelly: 'Hey Porsche' - Single review. Digital Spy. digitalspy.co.uk/
- Itunes Single. Apple Australia. Retrieved 2013-02-25
- "Australian-charts.com – Nelly – Hey Porsche". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Austriancharts.at – Nelly – Hey Porsche" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Nelly – Hey Porsche" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Ultratop.be – Nelly – Hey Porsche" (in French). Ultratip.
- "Nelly Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Nelly.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201318 into search.
- "Officialcharts.de – Nelly – Hey Porsche". GfK Entertainment.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- "Chart Track: Week 15, 2013". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Charts.org.nz – Nelly – Hey Porsche". Top 40 Singles.
- "Archive Chart: 2013-04-06". Scottish Singles Top 40.
- "SNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201316 into search.
- "Swisscharts.com – Nelly – Hey Porsche". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Archive Chart: 2013-04-13" UK Singles Chart.
- "Nelly Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Nelly.
- "Nelly Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Pop Songs for Nelly.
- "MTV Germany Year End Singles TOP 100" (in German). Retrieved May 16, 2014.
- "MAHASZ Rádiós TOP 100 - radios 2013" (in Hungarian). MAHASZ. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 2013 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "NZ Top 40 Singles Chart". RIANZ. Retrieved April 9, 2013.