||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||It has been suggested that iGATE Patni be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since May 2012.|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: IGTE|
|Industry||Information technology and Services|
|Headquarters||Fremont, California, United States|
|Key people||Gerhard Watzinger
( Interim CEO)
|Revenue||US$ 1.0739 billion (2012)|
|Net income||US$ 97.2 million (2012)|
|Total assets||US$ 5 billion (2012)|
|Total equity||US$ 600 million (2012)|
iGATE Corporation IGTE:US, is a NASDAQ listed US-incorporated Fremont, California-based outsourcing company with the majority of its operations in India and most of its 30,000 employees based in Bangalore.  It's flagship company is iGATE Global Solutions in Whitefield in Bangalore, India. was founded by Ashok Trivedi. iGate Inc is an American multinational corporation which provides information technology, consulting and business process outsourcing (BPO) services. It is headquartered in Fremont, California, USA.
Customers include companies in banking & financial services; insurance & healthcare; life sciences; manufacturing, retail, distribution & logistics; media, entertainment, leisure & travel; communication, energy & utilities; federal government; and independent software vendors across the Americas, Europe- Middle East-Africa (EMEA) and Asia-Pacific.
iGATE is the brand name of iGATE Corporation and its subsidiaries.
Royal Bank 
In April 2013, Royal Bank of Canada was accused of replacing Canadian jobs and outsourcing the work to iGate India. The Canadian government has said it will review these allegations and will investigate the case.  This is being investigated by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada and Citizenship and Immigration Canada. The CBC News report described iGate as a multinational outsourcing firm from India. 
US Department of Justice Fines 
On May 1st 2008 iGate was fined $45,000 for discrimination against American employees. Between May 9, 2006, and June 4, 2006, iGate placed 30 job announcements for computer programmers that expressly favored H-1B visa holders to the exclusion of U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other legal U.S. workers. 
Key Industry Verticals 
Key Services 
In addition to these, iGATE serves its customers through following Horizontal Business Units across various industries:
Offices and Development Centers 
Indian Branches 
iGATE has development centers and/or regional offices in the following Indian cities: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Gandhinagar, Noida Its Indian headquarters is in Bangalore, in the suburb of Whitefield.
On October 29, 2009, iGATE expanded its Global Delivery facility at its corporate campus in Whitefield, Bangalore. The new facility provides 115,000 sq.feet of additional workspace with features like LED and Solar Power lighting, an ozone-friendly air conditioning system, organic waste converter and a water recycling system.
Global Locations 
Apart from India, iGATE has its branches in the following nations: United States of America, Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Mexico, Malaysia, Singapore, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, South Africa, Sweden with its global headquarters at Fremont, California
Asia Pacific (APAC)
Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)
iGATE Knowledge Park (formerly Patni Knowledge Park), Airoli, Mumbai
Green IT-BPO centre in NSEZ, Noida
||This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
- In International Association of Outsourcing Professionals’ (IAOP) 2010 Global Outsourcing 100 List:
- Ranked No 35
- Named best 20 Global Outsourcing Leaders in UK and for the second successive year in Canada
- Placed as one of the Top 20 global IT companies serving the Discrete Manufacturing Industry
- Named as a leading IT vendor for the Insurance Industry
- iGATE Ranked No.3 in a survey conducted by Data Quest Magazine for "IT BEST EMPLOYERS".
- CNBC-TV18 Survey ranks iGATE as No.1 employer of choice in India in IT/ITeS Sector.
- Named as 2010 Global Services 100 provider for the third year in a row.
- Ranked in the FINTECH 100 2010 for the third year in a row.
- Awarded LEED (leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold Certificate for new delivery facility in Bangalore, India.
- Won the Bronze Award from the League of American Communications Professionals LLC (LACP) in the 2009 Vision Award Annual Report Competition.
- iGATE’s printing governance solution wins the Best IT implementation of the year 2010 – Green IT category from PC Quest Magazine, India.
- The company has been assessed at CMMI Level 5, Six Sigma methodologies and is COBIT, ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certified
- Won the prestigious Performance Excellence Trophy against the IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award Criteria 2009 in the Service Category.
- It has been ranked the second best employer in India across all industries in the Business Today-Mercer-TNS Best Companies to Work for survey.
iGATE's competitors in most of its business arenas are the Indian IT players such as Infosys, HCL Technologies and Wipro. It is striving to upscale itself an win projects against Multinational Corporations such as IBM, Accenture, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Tata Consultancy Services.
"After breaking into the billion dollar club - helped by the 2011 Patni acquisition - iGate led by former Infosys executive Phaneesh Murthy has been pursuing an aggressive strategy to change outsourcing industry's traditional model of charging for time and effort. Instead, Murthy wants to charge for outcomes delivered, thus sharing greater risk with clients."
- "iGate caught in Canadian visa controversy over violation of immigration laws". Bangalore, India: Economic Times Bureau. 9 April 2013.
- Reuters (8 April 2013). "RBC under lens for outsourcing jobs to iGate". Unknown parameter
- Mehta, Diana (05 April 2013). "RBC scrambles to explain hiring practices to Canadians after contentious report". Canadian Press (Calgary Herald).
- Tomlinson, Kathy (6 April 2013). "RBC replaces Canadian staff with foreign workers: Axed employee blows whistle; federal government investigating". CBC News. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "#08-369: 05-01-08 iGate Mastech Inc. to Pay $45,000 in Civil Penalties to Settle Discrimination Claim:". US Department of Justice. 1 May 2008. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Patni software park to seat 17,000". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- Greener Living. "GREEN SEZ IN NOIDA | Greener Living". Greenerlivingonline.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Patni Inaugurates Green IT-BPO Centre in Noida : Global Growth Investors". General Atlantic. Retrieved 2010-07-16.