|Single by Daddy Yankee|
|from the album El Cartel: The Big Boss|
|Released||April 12, 2007 (radio)
May 15, 2007 (US)
|Length||3:05 (Original Version)
3:27 (Remix feat. Fergie)
4:40 (Remix feat. Casa de Leones)
|Label||El Cartel, Interscope|
|Writer(s)||Raymond Ayala, Stacy Ferguson, William Adams|
|Producer(s)||Scott Storch, Tainy|
"Impacto" (English: Impact) is the first single by Puerto Rican reggaeton performer Daddy Yankee from his fifth studio album El Cartel: The Big Boss. It was released on April 12, 2007 by El Cartel Records. "Impacto" was nominated for Song of the Year at the Premios Lo Nuestro 2008. The official remix features American singer Fergie.
The song was produced by Scott Storch and reggaeton producer Tainy. There is also a remix featuring Fergie, which is also featured in the same album and features more spanglish lyrics than the original version. Additionally, the song is featured in the EA Sports game Madden 08, Rockstar game Grand Theft Auto IV and Harmonix Music Systems game Dance Central 2. Daddy Yankee made another remix of "Impacto" featuring the reggaeton group Casa de Leones.
According to an interview by Primer Impacto news, who were on the set of the remix version video, Daddy Yankee says there will be two videos, one for the remix featuring pop/R&B singer Fergie and a second for the original. The original video features many cities including London, Tokyo, New York, San Juan and Tegucigalpa City. The remix video includes bits and pieces from the original video, adding Fergie and her parts.
The video premiered on Total Request Live on May 8, 2007, and reached number 1. The remix has been viewed more than 13 million times on YouTube with the original being viewed more than 3 million times, adding up to more than 16 million views. The music video earned the Lo Nuestro Award for Video of the Year.
Track listing and formats
- US CD promo
- "Impacto" (Album Version)
- "Impacto" (Instrumental Version)
- "Impacto" (Clean Remix) (featuring Fergie)
- "Impacto" (Dirty Remix) (featuring Fergie)
- US CD single
- "Impacto" (Album Version)
- "Impacto" (Remix) (featuring Fergie)
- "Impacto" (music video)
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||56|
|U.S. Pop 100 (Billboard)||54|
|U.S. Hot RingMasters (Billboard)||35|
|U.S. Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)||2|
|U.S. Latin Rhythm Airplay (Billboard)||1|
|U.S. Latin Tropical Airplay (Billboard)||7|
|Venezuela Pop Rock (Record Report)||1|
|Venezuela Top Latino (Record Report)||3|
- Only the official remix with Fergie was able to gain chart success, the original did not.
- Video games
- The song was used for 2008's Grand Theft Auto IV soundtrack.
- Other media
- The song was used for a 2007's Pepsi commercial.
- Reggaeton News - "El Impacto" Lyrics by Daddy Yankee
- Magrino, Tom (2007-06-29). "Madden 08 drafts song list". GameSpot. Retrieved 2007-07-01.
- "Impacto (Remix) - Daddy Yankee featuring Casa de Leones". YouTube. 2008-03-05. Retrieved 2007-08-19.
- MTV.com - TRL Daily Countdown
- Daddy Yankee featuring Fergie Impacto (Remix) Official Music Video YouTube. Accessed February 25, 2009.
- Daddy Yankee Impacto Official Music Video YouTube. Accessed February 25, 2009.
- "Todos los ganadores Premios Lo Nuestro". Terra Networks (in Spanish) (Telefónica). February 22, 2008. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- "The Billboard Hot 100 2007-06-23". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Pop 100 2007-05-12". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Hot RingMasters 2007-07-07". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Hot Latin Songs 2007-05-19". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Latin Rhythm Airplay 2007-05-12". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Latin Tropical Airplay 2007-06-23". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Pop Rock" (in Spanish). Record Report. 2007-06-30. Archived from the original on 2007-07-02.
- "Pop Rock" (in Spanish). Record Report. 2007-08-25. Archived from the original on 2007-08-25.