Jake Lloyd, 2007
|Born||Jake Matthew Lloyd
March 5, 1989
Fort Collins, Colorado, U.S.
Jake Matthew Lloyd (born March 5, 1989) is a former American actor who gained worldwide fame when he was chosen by George Lucas to play the young Anakin Skywalker in the 1999 film Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, the first film in the Star Wars prequel trilogy. He reprised this role in five subsequent Star Wars video games.
Life and career
In 1996, Lloyd began his acting career playing Jimmy Sweet in 4 episodes of ER. Afterwards, he was cast as Jake Warren in Unhook the Stars. He got his big break playing Jamie Langston in Jingle All The Way. Afterwards, he played Mark Armstrong in Apollo 11.
After portraying Anakin in a chain of related video games, Lloyd retired from acting, citing bullying on the part of classmates and the stress of doing up to 60 interviews a day as his reasons for doing so. He left Hollywood for Chicago, and dropped out after a year at Columbia College Chicago. He continues to make appearances, however, at sci-fi and comic-book festivals. He currently lives in Indianapolis, Indiana.
|1996||Unhook the Stars||J.J.|
|Jingle All the Way||Jamie Langston|
|Apollo 11||Mark Armstrong|
|1998||Hosts||Jack||Virtual Obsession in the UK|
|1999||Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace||Anakin Skywalker||Lead role
Young Artist Award for Best Supporting Actor Ten Years or Younger
Nominated–Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actor
|1999||Star Wars Episode I: Racer||Anakin Skywalker||Main role|
|2000||Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles||Anakin Skywalker||voice|
|2001||Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds||Anakin Skywalker (Episode 1)||voice|
|Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing||Anakin Skywalker|
|2002||Star Wars Racer Revenge||Anakin Skywalker (Episode 1)||voice|
|1996||ER||Jimmy Sweet||"Dead of Winter" (Season 2, Episode 11)
"The Right Thing" (Season 2, Episode 14)
"A Shift in the Night" (Season 2, Episode 18)
"Take These Broken Wings" (Season 2, Episode 21)
|The Pretender||Ronny Collins||"Flyer" (Season 1, Episode 3)|
|1996–1999||The Pretender||Young Angelo||(4 episodes)|
- "Jake Lloyd Biography (1989–)". Film Reference. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Star Wars: Biography – Jake Lloyd". StarWars.com. Archived from the original on February 13, 2008. Retrieved December 31, 2008.
- "Mixed blessings of child stars". The Hindu. July 3, 2004.
- "Actor who played Anakin Skywalker as child swears off 'Star Wars' for good" NBC News. March 9, 2012
- "Columbia College Chicago". CityTownInfo.com. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jake Lloyd.|
- Jake Lloyd at the Internet Movie Database
- Jake Lloyd Star Wars biography at StarWars.com
- Jake Lloyd – 10 years After Ep One – with Sci Fi Pi at the Wayback Machine (archived July 24, 2009)
- The Force Is Not With Him: Anakin Skywalker 10 Years Later at the Wayback Machine (archived July 28, 2009)
|Anakin Skywalker actor