James Kelly (Australian rules footballer)
James Kelly in 2011
|Full name||James Kelly|
|Date of birth||29 December 1983|
|Place of birth||Victoria, Australia|
|Original team||Rupertswood (RDFL)
Calder Cannons (TAC Cup)
|Draft||17th overall, 2001
|Height/Weight||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in) / 85 kg|
|Position(s)||Midfielder / Half-forward / Defender|
|Representative team honours|
|International team honours|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of Round 19, 2014 season.
2 State and international statistics correct as of 2008.
Since 2001, Kelly has played with the Geelong Football Club. Playing as an on-baller in the powerful midfield, he has shown capability in gaining many possessions and running well, as well as showing great courage. Kelly, is a natural born leader who has played a pivotal role in Geelong's dominant era, one of only twelve players to play in all three of Geelong's recent premierships.
He was a member of Geelong's 2006 NAB Cup Premiership team, as well as the drought-breaking 2007 AFL Premiership Team. He was also a member of Geelong's losing side in the 2008 Grand Final and their victorious sides in the 2009 and 2011 Grand Finals.
- Statistics are correct to the end of the 2014 season
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
In 2008, Kelly was an ambassador for an anti-alcohol-fuelled violence campaign run by the Geelong Advertiser titled "Just Think". In this role, Kelly appeared in advertising alongside fellow ambassadors, and Geelong teammates, Tom Harley and David Wojcinski.
- AFL Premiership Player (2007, 2009 & 2011)
- AFL Pre-Season Premiership Player (2006 & 2009)
- AFL Rising Star Nominee (2002)
- All-Australian 2011
- Jim Stynes Medal 2011
- TAC Cup Premiership Player (2001)
- TAC Cup Team of the Year (2001)
- Runner-Up in Calder Cannons Best & Fairest Award (2001)
- Vic Metro U/18 (2001)
- Kelly, James (28 April 2009). "Ask James Kelly". Geelong Advertiser. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- Sewell, Eliza (17 May 2012). "James Kelly a joker in the pack". Herald Sun.
- James Kelly's player profile at AFL Tables
- Devic, Aleks (5 December 2008). "Just Think campaign reaches new heights". Geelong Advertiser. Retrieved 16 February 2009.
- James Kelly's profile on the official website of the Geelong Football Club
- James Kelly's statistics from AFL Tables
|Geelong F.C. Best First Year Player Award
|Geelong F.C. Community Champion Award
With: Tom Harley and David Wojcinski
|Jim Stynes Medal
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|