|Slogan||Free music – Internet radio that plays what you want!|
|Type of site||Internet radio / social networking / educational|
|Available language(s)||English, Spanish|
|Created by||Daniel Kaufman, Chris Dowhan, Mattias Stanghed, Johan Sandstrom, Josh Engroff, Matt Knox, Steve Eddy|
|Alexa rank||4,756 (2013-07-06)|
Jango is a free online music streaming service that allows users to create and share custom radio stations. Users choose artists to stream, and the station plays music from similar artists. Users can further refine their stations by rating songs and artists in their feed to play less or more frequently.
The service also incorporates social networking by “matching” users with listeners that have similar musical preferences. Users can share their stations or listen to stations created by others in the Jango social network.
The site also provides independent artists the opportunity to showcase their music by recommending their songs alongside that of similar popular artists.
- Customizable stations - type in what you want to hear - your station will play the music you want along with similar artists
- Recommendations based on the user's rated songs and artists
- "Play often", "Play sometimes", and "Never play" features
- Choose the amount of recommended artists played
- Android App / IPhone App
- Unlimited Skips and number of stations you can create
- "Radio Airplay" paid promotion service that gives emerging artists airplay on Jango's stations
- Playback, fast forward, and rewind are not possible.
- Play-on-demand is not possible.
- Banner ads
- Can only cancel personal account by emailing the administrators.
- Can only add up to 5 artists to any station currently.
- Cannot exclude artists, only individual songs.
- Stores your account password insecurely, and emails it in clear-text when you use the "Forgot your password?" function.
- "Alexa". ALEXA. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
-  Retrieved 2012-09-12
- Jango: Refreshingly Simple Radio CNET, December 18, 2007
- Jango PCWorld, February 27, 2008
- Jango AppAppeal, June 23, 2009
- Jango and Seeqpod Hope to Monetize Music GigaOm, January 9, 2008
- Dash.com Named Best Shopping Tool By TIME Digital PRNewswire, November 3, 1999
- Dot-Coms Retain Kanda Software to Rapidly Develop and Deploy New E-commerce Solutions PRNewswire, August 7, 2000