January 17, 1987 |
Tel Aviv, Israel
Life and career
Danino-Holt was born in Tel Aviv, Israel to a Morocco French-Canadian mother, Chantal Danino, and a British father, Martin Holt. He was raised in a trilingual home and attended summer school in Cambridge at age 12.
He went to Teva School for Nature in Jaffa, followed by the Thelma Yellin High School of the Arts. Specializing in Theatre, he chose French, one of the three languages he spoke at home, as his other major subject. Unlike most of his Israeli contemporaries he did not serve in the compulsory draft to the IDF, which he claims was for health reasons. In 2005, he was a Nickelodeon presenter in Israel. He is now based in London where he presents the MTV European magazine style show, Switched On. In 2007, he gave Israel's votes during the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest in Helsinki. He also presented a special show on IBA during Eurovision week this May, dedicated to the song contest.
- Shechnik, Raz (2005-03-04). "Israel's new MTV ambassador". Ynetnews. Retrieved 2008-11-14.
- "Jason Danino-Holt". mtv.tv. Retrieved 2008-11-14.[dead link]
- "Former MTV Europe VJ to present Israel's votes". esctoday.com. Retrieved 2008-11-14.
- Prat, Yoni (2008-11-11). "The money kiss". mako.co.il (in Hebrew). Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- Burstein, Nathan (2012-05-15). "Battleship director grills journalist". timesofisrael.com.