No. -- Detroit Lions
|Date of birth:July 8, 1989|
|Place of birth: Gadsden, Alabama|
|High school: Gadsden (AL) City|
|Undrafted in 2012|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
Jerrell Harris (born July 8, 1989) is an American football linebacker who is currently a member of the Detroit Lions. He attended the University of Alabama. Harris was an All-American in high school and is considered one of the better outside linebacker prospects of his class.
High school career
Harris attended Gadsden City High School in Alabama, where he was a teammate of fellow Crimson Tide players Kendall Kelly and Dre Kirkpatrick. As a senior he registered 145 tackles (97 solo), 16 tackles for loss, three pass break-ups, 20 quarterback pressures, four caused fumbles, three recovered fumbles. Harris also returned one fumble for a touchdown and scored on an interception return. He amassed 130 tackles, three interceptions and two sacks as a junior.
Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Harris was listed as the No. 3 outside linebacker prospect in the country, behind only Nigel Bradham and Arthur Brown. Harris was also considered to be the best run stopper among all linebackers. He chose Alabama over Auburn, Tennessee and Clemson, among others.
He was signed to the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad on September 26, 2012 and released on October 24.
New England Patriots
He was signed to the New England Patriots practice squad on November 6, 2012, a promotion to the active roster would have reunited him with former Alabama teammate, linebacker Dont'a Hightower. However, Harris was released from the New England Patriots practice squad a week later.
San Diego Chargers
- Forde, Pat (January 7, 2010). "Saban's trademark plays key Bama's win". ESPN.com. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- Forde, Pat (December 5, 2009). "Gators couldn't solve McElroy". ESPN.com. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- NFL Draft - 2012 OLB Draft Prospects, CBSSports.com
- Outside linebackers 2008, Rivals.com, January 17, 2008
- LB Rankings: Best run stopper, Rivals.com, January 31, 2008
- "Undrafted free-agent deals for all 32 NFL teams". NFL.com. April 29, 2012. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- Krasovic, Tom (August 5, 2013). "Chargers sign LB Harris". U-T San Diego.
- "Alouettes add four to practice roster, Bowling comes out of retirement". MontrealAlouettes.com. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Moree, Brandon. "Broncos Sign Eight to Future Contracts". Denverbroncos.com. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Broncos make first round of roster moves