Origliasso at the Snow White & the Huntsman movie premiere, Sydney Australia 2012.
|Birth name||Jessica Louise Origliasso|
25 December 1984 |
Albany Creek, Queensland, Australia
|Origin||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia|
|Genres||Electro rock, pop punk, pop rock|
|Labels||Sire, Warner Bros. Records|
|Associated acts||The Veronicas, Lisa Origliasso|
Jessica Louise Origliasso (// oor-ig-LAH-soh;[dubious ] born 25 December 1984) is an Australian singer-songwriter, actress and fashion designer. Born and raised in Albany Creek, Queensland she, alongside twin sister Lisa Origliasso, performed in show business at a young age. Origliasso rose to fame in 2000s when she and her sister formed a pop duo The Veronicas.
Prior to The Veronicas, Origliasso had a small career in acting. In 2001, she had a recurring role in the children's television series Cybergirl as Emerald Buxton. In 2007, she co-designed a fashion line with, her sister, called The Veronicas, aimed at girls aged 7–14, for Target. Origliasso has been endorsed by Nu:U, Calvin Klein, Keds and Estée Lauder
She was in a relationship with Billy Corgan from 2010 to 2012.
In 2008, nude pictures surfaced that were rumored to be of Jessica on various sites - amongst them fleshbot.com. Within her fanbase there was an initial disbelief that the pictures were real. Then a campaign was organised to support her by baring themselves similarly. Jessica asked them not to because she was worried it would cause people to believe she had incited the pictures.
Jessica and Lisa Origliasso also joined a "Wear it with Pride" campaign to reform same-sex laws in Australia for the 85 legislative changes made in 2010 to overturn discrimination against same-sex couples and their families. The campaign involved them wearing numbered T-shirts representing each legislative change.
In 2010, Jessica she and her sister were honoured as Wildlife Warriors of the year for their efforts in publicizing animal protection and conservation on a worldwide scale.
- "Biography: The Veronicas". Retrieved 30 June 2007.
- David Jeffries. "The Veronicas biography at Allmusic". Allmusic. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- IMDB. "Jessica Origliasso filmography at IMDB". IMDB. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Kathy McCabe. The Veronicas Target check-out chic News.com.au. Retrieved 4 December 2009.
- Glam Look For The Veronicas popdirt.com. Retrieved 4 December 2009.
- Staff. In concert: The Veronicas kelowna.com. Retrieved 4 December 2009.
- Staff. Keds Goes on the Road With Pop-Rock Group 'The Veronicas' top40-charts.com. Retrieved 4 December 2009.
- Staff. The Veronicas to front for Estee Lauder AccessAllAreas.net.au. Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- "New nude photo plagues Veronicas' Jess". The Australian. 12 September 2008. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Veronicas' Jess Origliasso's web forum posting to fans". Daily Telegraph. 1 August 2008. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- Wildlife Warriors – The Veronicas Are saving the animals, with a little help from Steve Irwin
- Veronicas twin Jess Origliasso to bare all for PETA shoot
- Jonathon Moran. NatBass sings for gay marriage Daily Telegraph. Accessed 2 February 2010.
- Furler, Mark (1 April 2010). "Australia Zoo celebrates its 40th". Sunshine Coast Daily (APN News & Media). Retrieved 2010-06-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Veronicas.|